Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I GOT MY YORKVILLE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    This amp is the coolest ever. :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:

One question?

Why is it so heavy?
    Like what part of the plywood and the wires make it so heavy?

2. What Yorkville did'cha get?

3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

BassMaster Bass Amps
    XM200- Bass Combo - 200w, 15 inch / Tweeter :bassist: :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bag:

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    It's the chrome plating on the amp face :D Actually, 60 pounds or so is pretty good for a combo. I had a Peavey TNT and it weighed something like 90 pounds. That was heavy!

Great amp by the way. Are you thinking of getting the companion 15" cab?

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I am, but not for a while. I was actualy looking forward to the 2X10's. I love this amp.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The XM200T sounds amazing with 2x10s, good choice man! Enjoy your amp!

7. mrmichael21

mrmichael21

Jul 14, 2004
    nice one...i'm from australia and have recently bought the same amp....great sound..crisp and clear yet..LOUD...I LOVE THIS AMP TO..

8. which is louder the yorkville xm200t which is the 2x10 or the yorkville xm200 which is the 1x15?????

9. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    it could be the gigantic magnet slapped on the back of that 15 inch speaker that weighs so much.

10. i think that giant magnet and the size of the 15" speaker itself would push more air than a pair of 10" speakers.

so, you're a new owner of a yorkville xm200. Does it really push the volume people say it does? i'm looking at one myself.

11. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I played through an XM200T at a show a few months ago and it was a whole new kind of loud. Sounded good too. I loved it. Methinks if you put that 115 extension cab under it, you'd have a force to be reckoned with.