I got Nino's Tokai

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Carey, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Hi All,
    I just thought I'd give a big thanks to Nino for selling his Tokai. I won the Ebay auction and I just got it today. It's actually quite nice for the money. And, he shipped it in a nice hard/soft case with a stap and straplocks. Plus I got a free Theorem CD. Very Cool!
    I'm probably going to go over it a bit and customize it to my liking; A refret with banjo frets converting it to a more vintage radius. Maybe not a 7.5", but at least a 9.5". And maybe some slightly hot vintage style single coil jazz pickups. Then it'll be totally smokin'.
    Thanks again Nino!
  2. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Nino is one cool kat.. I met him couple of times at gigs and so forth.. Very cool guy to talk and deal business with.

and hey! where are the pix!?

3. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Oooo, sorry about that. Here's some pics from the ad.
  4. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    and last...
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    LOL...so YOU're the sucker who overbid me huh???

Nice bass bro! I have one just like it not long ago and it was better than any newer Fender Jazz I've played!

6. Very nice...it looks like my departed '72 Jazz and my fretless MIJ Jazz. Beautiful score!
  7. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    To be honest, I was suprised no one outbid me...
    I guess I got lucky. Heh.

This is my favorite color scheme for a jazz bass. Maybe some day I will find a real one and actually be able to afford it. :rolleyes: not likely!

I'm beginning to like the Basslines classic stack pups. Maybe I'll leave them in there.
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm glad you like it. I really like the bass but I'm suck a compulsive gear nut, I sold it to pay for the "Valenti Bass." :)