1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got on Pedal Line Friday

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by icecycle66, Jan 27, 2012.

1. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
  2. That is an awesome setup. So am I understanding you right when you say you plug into the ISP first, route through all your pedals, then go back into the ISP? Then I assume there is another output to go into your amp? Thanks for any clarification as I am a little unsure how noise reducers are used.

3. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Yes.
    Guitar to ISP
    Effects loop through ISP
    Effects and guitar signals meet
    Go to amp.

The ISP G-String has four holes. They aren't named this, but they should be:

Guitar in
    Guitar/G-string out to effects loop
    effects loop back into G-String
    Out to amp

The G-String is a little different than some other noise filters. A lot of filters have an input and an output...that's it. The G-string has an effects loop to buffer out noise from the loop apart from the guitar input.

I tried the normal decimator, but when I run several distortions at once the noise filter had to be set so high that it filtered everything, including what i wanted to go through; and was thereby useless.
    With the effect loop filter on the G-String, the filter gate is opened up a little when I play, mixing the guitar signal and effects signal together before shooting them to the amp.