I got played on "One Life to Live" again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Apr 28, 2005.

1. It appears my band "the Curtain Society" is well liked by the producers of "One Life to Live"...today, not 5 minutes ago, my Wife was watching this soap, and her favorite character walks into a room, turns on her stereo, and sure enough, my new album's title track, "every corner of the room" starts playing...

how friggin cool is that? Say what you will about soap operas, but hell, that's just cool. This is the THIRD time in a year they have used my band's music. In fact, I've been played on NBC commercials too. Couldn't tell you how excited that made me, first time hearing it synched up to footage...

I'm pretty elated right now.

2. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    That's great. I worked on a record that they used a few times on Dawson's Creek. They used alot of indy music on that show. I don't think I ever heard it on the show...I actually don't think I ever heard it after I laid my parts down....

Big time congrats!
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
  4. Way, way cool!

I heard that a song my old band did was on an MTV workout video around 10 years ago... I haven't seen it though.

Remember the first time you heard your band on the radio? :smug:
  5. Thanks guys, yeah, it's a real treat. I appreciate your sentiments.

On the first time we were ever played on radio:

We were very psyched. We were driving to a gig, and sure enough, we flip stations and catch us on WBCN, halfway thru the song...we're all hangin out the windows, downtown Boston, Kenmore square, with the stereo in our van BLASTING going WBCN rules! And other hubub. anothe good day, indeed.

Thanks again! When commercial radio turns the nose up lately, explore other avenues, I always say.
  6. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i thought it was cool the first time i hear my band on the radio, but i think day time soaps kills that one.
  7. Meh, I've never been on the radio, only on local TV some seven years ago... :meh:

Congratulations, my friend. Gonna check your band's site.
  8. Thanks! If you go to the news section, you can see a clip of the very first appearance from a while back.

It is repeating at 9PM on soapnet, which I guess is a cable station, and I'll TiVo it and make sure a clip gets up on the site real quick.

Thanks again my bass brothas. I want to see some bass sistas chime in...did anyone see it?

From what the missus tells me, it was her fave character, Natalie (a red head no less....grooowwwlll) turns on her stereo, and the song starts playing.

Pretty keen-o.
  9. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Thats really cool. I hope it leads to even greater things for you guys.
  10. That's pretty cool man! Did you ever get any "kickbacks" for it? I thank BMI and our marketing firm every time this happen$$$.

Seriously tho, it's not all about the money, really, but it's nice to be recognised in that way for all the years of hard work. :bassist:

11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    When I first read the title I thought you were saying that someone was portraying you on a soap opera.

brad cook
  12. LOL! THAT woulda been funny!

Thanks Brad!
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Then you could say "My life is such a soap opera," and mean it literally.

brad cook
  14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congrats, Dude, My cousin was on General Hospital for a while, thats the closest I ever got to a soap opera.

"My life is not a Soap Opera, it is an episode of Dr. Phill" :crying:
  15. ummm- hmmm...
    "hard work"

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  17. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    good on ya man!

hopefully your band wont go the way of rick springfield.
  18. Congratulations! A nice accomplishment.
  19. Thanks again guys! Oh, and Golden Boy, bite me. :smug: