I got questions

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SpybreakSpaz, Dec 17, 2000.

1. SpybreakSpaz

Dec 1, 2000
    I'm wondering which CD best shows off the skills of Victor Wooten?
    Is it one of his solo bass albums?
    Is it one of his albums with bela fleck?
    Is it one with vital techtones
    There are aboutm 30 CDS in which he is the main bass player and i am wondering which CD is his best?

2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Show of Hands by Vic does it for me.
  3. Just bought Flectones' live cd. The bass is mighty fun, well it all is actually. A good album to listen to how a small, tight band can smoke when they get going. The interaction is mighty entertaining.
  4. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Get "A Show of Hands." He's the *only* instrumentalist on that one, so there's nothing cluttering the bass playing.

Of the Flecktone's albums, "Three Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" is a high point. Apart from the occasional contribution by Branford Marsalis, there's no wind player on that one, so it's easy to hear what Wooten's playing.

Vital Tech Tones is a rather slapdash effort, IMO; cool in small doses, but unlistenable in one sitting.
  5. I like the flecktones the best. I have the greatist hits CD. Its a veritable bass hoedown. :D
  6. My favorite Victor albums is "Three Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" with the Flecktones. It's just bass, banjo, and synthaxe drumitar. There's a lot of space in the jams and there's lots of improv.

I also dig "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" also with the Flecktones.

"A Show of Hands" is worth checking out too cause it's exclusively played on one bass in one take.

But IMHO, I prefer Victor in a band situation.