1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got robbed

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Sev.Moe, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Sev.Moe

Sev.Moe

Dec 15, 2005
    last night someone robbed my band's rehearsal place.. my gt6b and my behringer's bx3000t, one of our guitar player's has nothing right now and the mic were stolen too :crying: some of my friends have bands and they said they would borrow us their instruments and do some benifit shows.. anyone has any idea of how to get some money? I can't work, I'm 16 :bawl: ...
    sorry for the bad english

2. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

That's unfortunate dude. I'm worried about the same thing happening to our recently acquired rehearsal space... so I've got insurance for the room :)

Sure your stuff isn't covered by your home insurance?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    That sucks man. I once had a beatiful metallic blue Ibanez SR-885 that got stolen from a party thrown at our house years ago <sniff>. I spent about 6 months in high school working/saving up for it. It happens, but you'll get over it. Don't give up!

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    That sucks.....

If you're 16 you should be able to work if you are physically capable. Restaurants, gas stations, lawn cutting whatever you can do to make some dough. Just a thought but I was 15 and got a part time job. Re. the equipment, keep a lookout in local pawn shops to see if anything turns up and spread the word.

5. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    That's terrible man.

Isn't there any insurance for that? My english isn't that great either but for some insurances (over here) the stuff doesn't necissarily needs to be in the house. Ask your parents, you never know.

I had a holiday job in a bakery when I was 14. There's always something you can do to earn a little money.

Good luck.

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    hunt down the thieves and gut them like pigs.

7. Sorry and sad to hear that. I hope you either get your stuff back or are able to get new stuff soon.

8. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Ah man I'm sorry! That's just terrible. I have never understood why some people feel the need to steal.

Like it's been said, do whatever you can to find some work. Offer to do odd jobs around your neighborhood...surely your neighbors have things that need to be cleaned or cars that need to be washed, etc.

Which country do you live in? Here in the US kids can work as young as 14 at restaurants and supermarkets.

Your friends are really cool about letting you borrow some of their equipment. That's very nice of them.

Do whatever you can to raise money so you can purchase more equipment, even if it's used.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sorry to hear it. However, you weren't robbed, you were burgularized. You have to be there to be robbed.

10. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Very glad to see your 'face' again, Munji... :smug:

That really sux... 'Sev.Moe'... I had a 1969 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty Custom burgled from my home while doing a west Texas tour sometime back in '78 (I think)... While I can never say for sure who stole it from me, I've always felt the singer in my band had something to do with it. I am to this day convinced he had his little brother, who could've easily gotten into my house by simply knocking on the door, sneak it out. Anyway... I had some bad-blood issues with that singer dude... but he ended up passing along to the after-life long before he should've... not like I shed much of a tear, either... :spit:

In the word's of a former US president, "I feel your pain... man.." :crying:

11. Grr bastards, I actually caught a guy trying to drive off with my Jazz in a stolen car when I was 17 yo . I jumped on the windscreen and screamed at him . luckily for me he stopped got out and ran off. I still got my Jazz and I'm 42.

I moved out of a house the day before it was ..umm... burgled and missed having my entire rig and planks ripped off. Unfortunately the guitarist I lived with didnt.

I hope you find the prick who did this to you.

12. I am so sorry to hear that mate. If nothing was insured, make sure u keep a look out for the stuff and if you do find them. Kick their theifing asses. I am really sorry to hear it man.

I really hope u find the prick/pricks who did this. I really do..

13. Sorry to hear, man. :(
    I hope you kept the serial numbers of your stuff - give them to all the local music shops, so that if anyone comes in to trade it... Hopefully a rep can catch the bastard.

Keep watching eBay as well - you never know.
    None of my gear is insured - but it is covered by the house insurance, so it's all good. :)

14. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh! Does that piss me off!!

Find them. FIND THEM!

Involve the police, involve the Neighbors, involve all pawnshops and music stores, all your freinds and fellow local musicians!

Go to EVERYONE - neighbors, strangers; anyone who might have seen anything.

Do forensic work - maybe some piece of scum dropped a clue! Anything!

It certainly, obviously sucks that you guys lost your stuff, but the issue that sticks in MY craw is the fact that these pieces of dung profited from your loss. They should NOT be allowed to gain from this.

Y'know what I mean? It'd be one-thing if a fire took your stuff - you lose; fire wins - that simple. But in this case someone's enjoying real benefits because of this!

Offer a reward for a prosecution - even if you have to sell half of all your recovered gear to pay it. ..Because these guys should NOT get-away with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It's very cool that your local musician community all rallied by you like that. Very cool.

Joe

15. Sev.Moe

Sev.Moe

Dec 15, 2005
    It isn't covered by the insurance:bawl: I lost aprox. 800€.
    I meant I can't work full time:meh: i'm trying to find a part time job, maybe on a restaurant or something like that..
    It is weird because we were burgled the day theat we were on a 3day field trip :( we usually go there everyday to feed the dog and check on everyting but that weekend we weren't there.. probably someone who knew we wouldn't be there:meh: but this is just speculation.
    we talked to the police and they didn't even come to the place :( but we went to the police station and we gave them all the information about the stuff that was stolen, serial numbers included.. we'll go to the flea market to see if it's there