Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got shot!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Shoonk, Aug 30, 2003.

1. ...okay so it was only with a b.b. (sp?) gun, but yeah, it did some serious damage, at a very close range.
    I was in Lisboa, Portugaul for a gymnastics competition, and my team was walking downtown in a very touristy area, and a car drives by and i was standing on the edge of the sidewalk and a man in the passanger seat pulls out a gun, shoots my coach and misses, fires again and hits me.
    Unfortunatley, it was a very hot day, and i was dressed like a mall-doll, so i was in just a short tank top and low rise jeans, leaving the lower part of my stomach completely exposed. the shot hit my ovary, on which i already was having problems with and ruptured a few cysts and actually broke my ovary.
    I'm o.k., it's just weird, my doctor says I probably can't have kids, and I dont want to have surgery to remove it. It's odd, because all I had was a little bruise to show for it, and sometimes i get bad pains in my ovarys where i can't walk, but yeah man. it hurts. so, don't be a menace and dont shoot little canadian gymnasts. a lesson to be learned.
    -shoonk

2. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    I have nooooo idea how to discuss ovaries and ruptured cysts and getting shot "down there." :meh: :meh: This is alll so very new to me.

*compassionate hug*

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sorry to hear.

I lost half my tooth (top left incisor) after my twin bro shot me with a BB gun and it hit me right on the tip. About 4mm bounced off with the pellet into the depths of my carpet.

Fortunatly, I found it, whacked it into a cup of milk in the fridge and went to the dentists the day after. They re-glued it bacvk on and its fine to this day (4 years later).

I'm lucky it didnt hit my eye.

BB guns are brick.

Best wishes to a recovery .

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I shot myself once... I was out in the desert with my friend shooting... and of course there are rocks all over the place... I miss the can, or it went through it... dunno which, but it came back and nailed me in the forehead.

5. ouch!:(

6. i got shot by a 5.56mm colt ar-15 semiauto match weapon. it hit my side and took a chunk of fat/skin out.

7. yes but can you ahve kids?
    no seriously man that sucks. i have a friend who got shot in the shoulder and it took a chunk out. i'm glad you're o.k. though!
    shoonk

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Jeez, that SUCKS. All becuase of a bb gun. I would find the person, and make them unable to have children to.

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Wow, that sucks. :( (Big hug from the Mountain Man) :)

10. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    let the cutting and hacking begin.. muhahahahahaha

11. Sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the guy. And I hope you didn't plan on having kids:(

*hug*

:)

12. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Tyler Hole here. I shot myself point blank in the foot with an Airsoft gun once :) Made my foot bleed...but my dad and his brother and their cousins used to have BB Gun wars all the time. Once, my dad even accidently shot his cousin in the butt with a .22!

Me and my friends play Airsoft quite a bit, but we make sure we wear enough protective clothing and always wear eye protection :) Safety first after all ;)

Glad to hear you didn't get SERIOUSLY injured from the BB, but it sucks that it happened. Just look on the bright side...there could of been something worse that happened.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sorry to hear, but were you planning on having kids anyway? And what type of loser goes on a drive by with a b b gun. its like **vroom screech , *insert pathetic sound of b b gun* vroom screech*

Got any pics of where it hit ya?

I got shot in the foot by a powerful ass rifle BB gun once. Went through my shoe and took off my pinky toe nail. Im ok now though, just the nail is really small. It was my bro who shot me too, woot.

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Since when is losing an ovary not serious?!?

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Shoonk. I hope everything works out.

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Unfortunately, this world is filled with idiots and jerks who don't think about whom they may hurt.

I am saddened that:1)they thought it would be cool to be a jerk, 2) they had to shoot someone to prove they are total jerks and, 3) not only did you get hurt, but they caused you pain beyond just pulling a stupid stunt.

There are good people out there. Though you have every right to be doubtful.

16. Man, sometimes I am glad to be a male. But if I were ever shot in the nut I would pray for instant death.

17. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Never said it wasnt, but it could of been worse (tyler here again)

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont think a BB gun could do much more long term damage then losing an ovary.Maybe getting shot in the eye but that is about it.

19. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Which eye? I'm sure a bb pellet could cause male sterility if it hit the eye I'm thinking of :meh: :eek: :rolleyes:

20. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    :eek:, wow... That sounds pretty serious. I really hope it all works out for the best! Some people have no respect for others.

Good luck,

~Cheers~