I got some studio work

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Feb 24, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I wasn't sure if this should go into the "GIGS" forum or not, so if it was, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I got a call earlier this week from a guy who was putting a band together soley for the purpose of recording some songs he had written. The only piece he was missing was a bass player.

A horn player, whom I played with previously gave him my number. We talked for about 5 minutes and he seemed like a cool guy.

I showed up to practice last night with the horn player and we played a couple songs he wanted to record. It went really well. The songs were really well written. They were sort of John Mellencampish with even a bit of progressiveness thrown in. The band was quite impressed with the horn player and me grasping the songs in just one or two run throughs.

They then played us two songs they had already layed down in the recording studio and they sounded awesome. (I recorded once about 4 years ago, and you could have gotten a better mix recording with a Sony boombox)

I'll be practicing again next Sunday. (and their lead guitarist will be there) They want to get into the studio in March.

I'm excited and I thought I would share this with you guys and gals. I'm starting to feel like an important musician now that I'm getting calls for laying bass tracks down in the studio. *LOL*
  2. Sounds like a plan to me, Liquid. Maybe one thing will lead to another. Hey, you never know.

Good luck with it.
    Mike J.
  3. Well, there's now a CD with your name on it out there. Get a few copies, and refer to them if you're asked for any other work. Four or five CD's under your belt and I'd say you're a pretty experienced studio player. They might even ask you to gig with them.

Who knows?
  4. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Congrats. Are you getting paid for this, or is there a possible full-time gig in sight? If nothing else, use it as a learning experience, and grab the CD for self-promotion down the road. Have Fun! :cool: