I got the call that every father of 2 toddlers hopes for....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by neddyrow, Oct 25, 2016.

1. neddyrow

neddyrow @TeddyPlaysBass - Instagram Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    i play bluegrass bass in a couple bands and sometimes sit in with other local talent here and there. i play on saturdays mostly because during the week i am a high school biology teacher and i tend bar on friday nights. i have to because i have a stay-at-home wife and 2 small children. i still get to play more than i should because my wife has a big family and since my wife also sings in the band, we have supportive babysitters. but i always want to play more.

anyway, i got a call from a local pro who plays here, there and in NYC quite a bit. he called to ask me to play bass for him for a private party in NYC next wednesday......for $500!

so i'm taking a personal day from work (getting paid) and heading to the city next week to get paid well (for once) to play bass!

james condino, SV777, ColdEye and 8 others like this.
  2. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Where in NYC? Maybe I can come check you out (I'm in Queens).

Have a blast!!!

neddyrow likes this.
  3. neddyrow

neddyrow @TeddyPlaysBass - Instagram Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    thanks!

it's just a corporate party but it'll be nice to get out of town....and on a school day!

GKon likes this.
  4. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I hope you have a blast! FYI, the weather has turned cold, so bundle up.

neddyrow likes this.
  5. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    We expect a full @BassCliff style report with food and chic pics.

BassCliff and neddyrow like this.
  6. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Well, this sounds like it could be a ton of fun. And you even get to play hooky from school. ;)

Let's hope it's a good opportunity for networking with a new circle of musicians, maybe folks who will hire you for other nice parties and events. I hope your new-found fame doesn't get in the way of your day job. :p

Yes, please let us know how everything turns out.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

neddyrow likes this.
  7. I thought there was going to be a punchline, along the lines of "they're not yours...."

;)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021