Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Got The New Ernie Balls Strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by JWC, Jun 7, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    My friend runs his own online music store, and I was able to get a set of Ernie Balls Power Slinkys, 110, 90, 75, 55. Pretty big strings huh? They haven't come out yet in stores here, but through him I was able to get them. Gonna put them on for the weekend gig. Anyone else have any yet?

2. haven't tried them yet, but I was thinking about getting them, because I want slightly thicker strings, and I'm using Ernie ball Slinkys right now. Tell us how the gig goes! Good luck

3. i'm pretty sure i've seen power slinkys for sale before

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Really DanceHall? They do not carry them in the retail music shops here in town. My friend said that he thinks they are relatively new, so maybe our retailers are just behind. Actually Augusta, Ga. is just behind period. It took us like 10 years to get a Chilis Bar and Grill after Atlanta, or longer. Oh well.

5. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    JW,

I would not wait till the last minute to hang those new strings on your bass. Larger size strings like that on a 4 banger might need a new setup. Give us a review after you've used em.

Good Luck

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    New set-up? DOH!!!!

I had Ernie Ball 105s, on already, so I should think the set-up would be ok....I hope.

7. you'd probably only need to turn the trussrod a little.

8. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Or ... file the nut a little. Can't know for sure till you put them on.

9. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    they're already on, and its all good so far.

10. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    Power slinky's have been around for a while.

11. Well, looks like this thread has outlived JWC himself, so no review, but I'm <i>probably</i> going to get some soon, so I'll keep you informed.

12. ??? what did he get banned for?

13. I don't know... the funny thing is, ive never seen JWC do anything that i found offensive, just seen people call him names and stuff. They probably had a good reason though.

14. Francis

Francis Banned (JWC)

Sep 28, 2000
    I think they are too hard on ol JWC. I think the post was good natured ribbing at Big Wheel for deleting all his posts. Anyway, he'll be missed around here. Seemed like a funny post to me.

15. thats what i thought too, but we probably shouldn't talk about it, i don't want to make the moderators mad. One more thing though - Is he actually banned <i>forever??</i>

16. Francis

Francis Banned (JWC)

Sep 28, 2000
    Why not talk about it fleabass? If they can ban JWC for "that" post, then they can go on a power trip and ban anyone for anything. Lets start a petition.

17. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    Maybe one the Mods could enlighten us.

FWIW, I did not really pay that much attention to what he said. Where I live, guys like that are known as Bullsh*tters, and there is alot of em. "Mostly" they are harmless. None the less within the context of a internet forum they are harder to tolerate.

I suspect there maybe more to this than we realize (behind the scenes), you mix in a little personality conflict and ignore the warnings ... boom ... your on the outside looking in.

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

sounds familliar. read your usage agreement, "francis".

19. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, guys, didja know you can e-mail the moderators? They're actually pretty friendly guys when it doesn't look like you're trying to start a revolution. It's probably better to find out what's going on before you start questioning motives, etc.