1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got the poster bass from Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by khui, Jul 27, 2012.

1. khui

khui

Nov 22, 2007
    WOW! I custom ordered a 5 string Warwick starbass ii and got it december 2011. you don't see these guys around too much. i listed it for sale since i needed money to pay bills, but i had a hard time letting it go so i stopped "bumping" the thread...i happened to surf the warwick site and my bass is the poster bass for the starbass! sharing the link below. hope it comes out ok...just in case a different one comes up, its the 5 string honey violin satin finish.

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?cl=EN&katID=22045&linkID=47901

k.

2. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Very Cool - Congrats!
    Years ago I had a silver & black Schecter Custom Shop Coffin Bass that appeared in several of their catalogs, and while my new USA Spector is not the exact bass from their "Revenge" poster, it is a dead-ringer for it.

453_large_image. IMG_0491.

3. khui

khui

Nov 22, 2007
    thx for sharing! I love spectors! need to get me one again someday. I like your wood grain a lot better than the one in the ad. You got a beautiful spector there! congrats!

k.

4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Thats great Khui! Be sure to add some shots to the "pics of your 'wicks" thread over in the Warwick Sponsored Forum here on Talkbass! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

5. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Congrats! I've heard nothing but good about those basses, and in the A/B/C sound comparisons I've heard with other basses these really sound superb as well :)

6. khui

khui

Nov 22, 2007
    i was driving in to work today thinking about this bass. I can't believe it was the "dream sound" i was always searching for. if anyone is looking for that midrange growl that is so "nebulous" and difficult to explain, this bass got it! and WOW, playing with a pick, what a cool rock sound!!!

Love the looks, love the sound, love the feel, and love the playability! what else can anyone ask for in a bass?

k.

7. khui

khui

Nov 22, 2007
    awesome! i didn't know there a a warwick forum...i'll try to look for it, just in case i'm bad w/ directions...appreciate if you could forward a link on this thread or even PM...thx.

k.

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
  9. khui

khui

Nov 22, 2007
    thx for the link! will post some pics.

k.