Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I GOT TICKETS TO VAN HALEN BABY!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by charles21o7, Jul 25, 2004.

1. I just bought my tickets to Van Halens Sept 5 show in Biloxi. Its a ways off, but Im ****ING excited as hell!! So how are the shows nowadays, has anyone else seen em?????

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Hell yeah. i need to get out to more concerts.

Let us know the numer of mullet sightings! :bassist:

3. Hell dude this is Mississippi , one outa every five people has a mullet, and most times they dont even know it.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I sort of have a mullet, because my hair is naturally curly and thick and it is getting pretty long. :D

But no "Business in the front, Party in the back" look for me.

Though I wouldn't mind having some of the old modified Firebirds those types usually ride around in though.

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I saw VH in Columbus two weeks ago. Buddy of mine was working backline for the venue, called me an hour and a half before the start of the show saying they comped him three extra passes for me. I got there around the 5th song out of 23.

Eddie was drunk as a skunk and played sloppily. Still, he's Eddie V, and plays better drunk than 99% of the world's sober guitarists. My buddy was backstage when Eddie arrived pre-show, and said he was literally stumbling out of the Escalade he arrived in, sucking on a whole bottle of wine.
    Eddie's solo was long and disjointed, but the playing during the songs was fine.

The band sounded good, typical Sammy-era VH. Looked good for their age, cool stage, cool tunes executed well, for an arena jump-around show. Sammy seemed more interested in signing every damn thing people would throw up to him, sometimes he stopped singing so he could write his name. All keyboards were sequenced, including Jump and Right Here Right Now. Eddie never touched a keyboard.

It was pure rock and roll. High energy, a bit sloppy, and loud as hell. I just wish Alex's kick drum didn't have to sound like slappy buttfudge. It sounds like he's kicking a large roto-tom. Ugh!

6. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Ill be going to see them Aug 1st in Denver. Cant wait! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im sorry to hear that.

;)

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My best friend saw the first show of the tour in Greensboro, NC. As soon as he got home he bought as all tickets (5th row, hell yeah![​IMG] ) to the Biloxi show. Should be for a fun Labor Day weekend.

9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Let us know what Gary Scharone sounds like !

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    im going next week... the 2nd. fresno...

god i hate fresno...

bastards stole our metallica show.

11. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Haha, I really dislike Van Hagar. Now if David Lee Roth was fronting the band again, that would be something to see.

12. I'm seeing them in 23 hours in Sacramento. Is there an opening act for Van Halen?

13. The afro mullet, or (mool-ay), if u are french

14. Next Friday Staples Center Los Angeles :hyper: :D

15. I checked the 'net. Opening act appears to be Silverchair.

16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I saw them a couple months ago, they were great. Sammy is a fantastic showman, he really does everything he can to make the crowd happy.

17. They still going? (silverchair), fancy that

18. I intentionally missed opening act.

Great show and Sammy gave all out to the crowd.

Eddy was great; his voice is gone: sad but at least he's alive.
    His solo was fun: pieces of Eruption, Cathedral, and old Cream. You could see and hear the genius is still there.

Michael Anthony: could barely hear the bass; it was mixed too low. He was a great showman too. His solo was either the most comedic ever in the history of rock or the worst every. I can't tell.

Alex was very cool with his own style.

All of them played their hearts out and it was lot of fun.
    Worth seeing if you like Van Halen and want to see what I consider one of the two greatest guitarists most responsible for affecting the electric guitar: Hendrix and Eddie.

19. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    played their hearts out - well said.
    I'd put Chuck Berry in that list.

20. Silverchair arn't opening for van halen, sorry man. Yeah Silverchair is still going. You should check out Diorama. And check out the Dissociatives(side project of Daniel Johns) Man oh man is that some good song writting.