Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got to drop by Bass Quake this year.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eljuapo, Jan 18, 2004.

1. I thought since I hadn't seen anyone with another post on the subject I'd mention my experience.

Since I live in the Anaheim area I was pretty excited that the bass get together was going on. I ended up dropping by there and it was pretty cool!
    I had to get out of there quite early (work the next day you know) but I was able to see Steve Lawson and Trip Wamsley before I left. Having never heard music from either of them, I was blown away! They're both amazing artists!
    And Steve, if you read this, I never knew you could do that kind of stuff with one bass and just one person playing it (and a loop machine:eek: ).
    Also, I was able to say hello to both of them! I was able to talk with Steve for a few minutes (I'm the guy that acosted you with the Talk Bass shirt as you were heading back into the room). Unfortunately I wasn't able to tell Mr.Wamsley how much I enjoyed his performance because he looked to be in quite a hurry. But I will now, Trip, you were great. I was really wowed.

Anyway, all in all, it was very good. The only problem I had was the venue. This place was not prepared for the amount of people by any stretch of the imagination. If they host the get together next year, I hope they are more prepared.

Anyway, I hope someone finds this interesting. I sure did.