1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got to drop by Bass Quake this year.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eljuapo, Jan 18, 2004.

1. I thought since I hadn't seen anyone with another post on the subject I'd mention my experience.

Since I live in the Anaheim area I was pretty excited that the bass get together was going on. I ended up dropping by there and it was pretty cool!
    I had to get out of there quite early (work the next day you know) but I was able to see Steve Lawson and Trip Wamsley before I left. Having never heard music from either of them, I was blown away! They're both amazing artists!
    And Steve, if you read this, I never knew you could do that kind of stuff with one bass and just one person playing it (and a loop machine:eek: ).
    Also, I was able to say hello to both of them! I was able to talk with Steve for a few minutes (I'm the guy that acosted you with the Talk Bass shirt as you were heading back into the room). Unfortunately I wasn't able to tell Mr.Wamsley how much I enjoyed his performance because he looked to be in quite a hurry. But I will now, Trip, you were great. I was really wowed.

Anyway, all in all, it was very good. The only problem I had was the venue. This place was not prepared for the amount of people by any stretch of the imagination. If they host the get together next year, I hope they are more prepared.

Anyway, I hope someone finds this interesting. I sure did.