1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got to join my favorite band, and now were playing BAMBOOZLE!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Apr 29, 2009.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    please close thread..

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Congrats, man!

3. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    My only advice is to keep focused. While the size of the gigs and venues have changed, the goals of the band shouldn't. Keep control, keep sane, and keep grounded, and success will continue.

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I remember we got to chat briefly and i dug the music. Best of luck to you man and keep us updated!

5. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    Best touring advice I can give is to not eat crappy food all the time, it's really easy to do when you're on the road, but after a week of it you will feel like hell.

6. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Good Luck....You see Rock and Roll Dreams do come true!!!

7. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    to echo what someone already said "eat healthy". don't eat fast food too much, it'll kill you a couple weeks into the tour. also, if you do drugs already, be careful not to go overboard, its easy to do. if you don't do drugs, don't start now. everyone will offer you free drugs and its easy to loose control if you've never been in that situation before.

8. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    oh....congrats, btw.

9. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    NO drugs for me. never ever touched that crap. it gets offered to me all the time. IM like... um no. haha

10. Grayson C.

Grayson C.

Dec 21, 2008
    Hey mate, I've been keeping upwith Lady Radiator since I saw you advertise your band a few months back! Many many congrats to you!

Drugs slow you down ;)

11. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    no drugs for me too!!! :hyper::hyper: im hyper enough without them :D:D

12. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    No drugs!! but you said your not into them so that's good. Drink water,drink water,drink water,before a gig during and after.I learned the hard way that not keeping hydrated will mess you up quick if your traveling. Sleep when ever you can,you have to recharge. Otherwise take as many photo/videos as you can,meet as many business people as you can. Be friendly with sound guy's,lighting guy's anybody technical,not only is it their job to make you sound and look good but they can get you to your next gig. Have fun

13. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    That rawks for you. :bassist: Much better than going to Chicago and back in a van to play atta high school in July.

14. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats Trent! LR rocks, glad u guys are hitting the bigtime. I got ur guys music on my iPod, some great songs there - killer basslines too.

Lemme know when ur coming to Chicago and I'll swing over and say hey - hopefully you're playing Metro, I live right by there.

:bassist:

15. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Good on you, bro!!

Eat well and make sure you get plenty of rest!
    Partying is all well and good, but pace yourself. Ya don't wnat to start burnin' out.

Drugs are a big detour - and it sounds like you ain't got time for detours right now! Straight ahead my man!! w00t :bassist:

also make lots of friends: some to show you around the sights when visiting places, and some in the biz for future networking! :cool:

16. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey man. Yeah those baselines were tough to learn im not gonna lie.
    the il date is at BERWYN, Il in some place called tiger o stylies? on july 18th

17. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    So to put this thread in a slightly different direction. I need a roadcase for my head. any suggestions?

18. they turn up on the cl/kijiji sites now and then,gc bulletin boards,and here at least the local case maker has a boneyard,for orders that were not paid for etc.....1/2 price.

19. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    I don't know if they make head cases (I don't see why not), but SKB is the best. The Military uses it and it has an unconditional lifetime warrenty. Go used if you can.
    I'm not big into the alt/indy music, but I think I'm speaking for a bunch of people when I say congatulations and we are jealous!

20. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    edited