1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I got to play some cool basses today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassPlayer900, Jan 6, 2012.

1. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900

Oct 19, 2011
    Today I got the chance to go to Guitar Center and look for a bass

I tried 3 basses: Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Thunderbird, and a Squire Jaguar (a long scale version).

The MIM Jazz bass was great! It had a natural finish and a rosewood fingerboard. It made awesome magical growling noises and had an amazing neck. It was a bit heavy but nothing a leather strap couldn't fix.

The Epiphone Thunderbird was awesome too. It was heavy but was not very hard to play. It was sunburst. It had huge pickups and sounded like thunder! It had a baseball neck compared to the Jazz but it was still easy for me to play. It looked really awesome too.

The Squier Jaguar was a nice bass. It was black and was long scale. But I accidentally plugged it into the passive output in the amp so it didn't sound right. :rollno:

So after trying them all, I decided to purchase the MIM Jazz bass. So far I am really enjoying this bass! It is way brighter than my P bass, so it will take a while to get used to it. I believe it has D'addario XL Nickels on it (I didn't find out what it was strung with, but these were the strings GC was selling and the tone sounded like the D'addario XL tone). This is my second bass, and it's been awesome so far! :bassist: