Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got to visit the Ernie Ball Factory!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Dec 29, 2001.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yay, My family was just stopping in San Luis Obispo and I thought that we should go check out the Ernie ball factory. So I call and they say this one woman can give us a tour, so we get to go in, see the whole operation it was amazing! And now we know some things that no one else knows.(sorry I dont think I should tell them right now, but I'll just tell you they are adding new colors and getting rid of some, and they might introduce new bass model!) And we got free clothes! I have to buy a Musicman now. Does anyone have some info on sterlings? Nino was right, when you buy a bass your not just buying an instrument, your buying a relationship with a company. They were incredibly nice and they usually never give tours! Buy Ernie Ball! Go Ernie Ball!

2. HAHA. Sorry, that's all I can say.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Man, sounds like you had a good time. I'd love to tour the factory some time. May be going up the Cal coast next year on the Road King. There's a mint lined fretless Sterling on ebay sitting at $570 right now. #1400832312. I play a Stingray 4 and 5 and they are both keepers.
    Doc

4. You SURE that they didn't knock you out, drug you, and turn you into a slave for the company?

Cause if they did, would they do that to me, too?:D

Rock on
    Eric

5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Were they giving out free samples that day?

I got to go thru the Guinness brewery a few years ago while in Dublin,and at the end they were giving out free beer in the gift shop.

A free Stingray would have been nice.

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I just registered my new Sterling via the Internet on Monday. My free set of strings showed up TODAY, mailed second day! (Don't forget Monday and Tuesday were both holidays.)

Now THAT'S customer service!!!

7. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    I hate you so much I wanna go back in time and take your place!!!!! Nah I don't hate you I would just love to tour the factory and "borrow" the Silhouette and a Sterling and a...screw it I'll take all the basses and maybe a guitar or 2 and some amps ah screw it I'll take it all!!! Man oh well I would have rather toured Mesa Boogie when they were giving out FREE SAMPLES! OMG that'd be like the coolest thing ever! Anyway sounds fun!

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I registered over the summer.. never got my string.. i registered via internet also.. hmm. i'm going to have to do it again.. i don't know why it didn't work.. i would like to visit the ernie ball factory one day.. I think it would be very nice :)