I graduated college.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jan 24, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Just have to brag a little bit - the title says it all. I finished up last Wednesday. Four out of five grades are in, and I cleaned house. (I know I got an A in the fifth, with the end result of four A's and one B.)

Now... the great job hunt.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    nice job dude....what school? major?

3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Before the job hunt, celebrate just a touch...go buy a bass!:D

Seriously, congrats! College is no easy feat, and to excel the way you did, you should be proud! :hyper:
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Thanks, guys!

I graduated from Columbia College with a BA in Audio Arts and Acoustics with an emphasis in Acoustics. I did my senior project on different ways of measuring %Alcons, which is a speech intelligibility metric.

Don't get me started on why I didn't get a BS. I was in the black sheep program - one based on math and physics - at an art school. (Gasp!) The Columbia bigwigs don't feel like it would look good for them to give out BS's. Which is a whole lot of BS, if you ask me.

And I wish I could buy a bass. College wiped me out, though. Once I get my career started, a new bass will be the first thing I buy. :D
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Very impressive Michael!

Graduating with all those A's is something you can hang your hat on for the rest of your life, no matter what else happens.

6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Want a cookie? Pfft... College is easy.. Retirement is hard.

Just kidding! Congrats dude! I have a few more years to go :p.
  7. ::plays Pomp and Circumstance::

Yay!! I'mg going for the same thing you just got. But mine is going to have a minor in history (?) because I like history classes.:rolleyes:

Rock on
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This rules. Congratulations!
  9. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Congrats! I just graduated in December with a BS in Geography after over 5 years of college! I hope you find something in your field (if that's what you want to do). I haven't had any luck, yet...
  10. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

My BEng still needs a bit of work.. around four years should do it, though :help: :D
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I just realized I've been on TB since I started college. I joined in Sep 2000 - the first semester of my freshman year. 4 and 1/2 years of TB, 4 and 1/2 years of college. :D
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats man. i was just going to say that, about starting tb around the same time as college, i remember that.

tb, though, has no graduation. permanent detention, that's what you have here :)
  13. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Awesome man. I'm in my fourth semester (4 to go :D ) and I finally decided to get focused, do the homework, study before the day of the exam :D , etc. My goal is a 3.5-3.8. I can and will do it if I stay focused.

I agree with treating yourself after graduating. I will probably do the same in a few years.
  15. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    congrats man, you'll figure out very soon, school was a much better than work.

I've been gratuated in june 2003. (Time is running out :( )
    And I miss those times ....
  16. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Congrats, Superduck. I haven't even started yet. Any tips? ;)
  17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  18. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I am more than a little envious :oops: . I've got about a year left. :(
  19. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think you have wrong job, then :)
  20. Congratulations. Walking out after the last final is a great feeling, isn't it? The only day better for me was the day I found out I passed my engineering license exam.