1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I guess GC doesn't want to make a sale?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Wow, thank you for the awesome offer! Let me look into more and I'll PM you if it looks like something we could do :)

That's my feeling as well, but obviously this isn't always the case. Truth be told, I should probably get used to utilizing my phone more, so I'll consider this a learning experience :p

And thank you as well!

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    You should give them a call. I find email to be too faulty a mean of communication when I want a quick response.

3. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    I've found out if you stop by your local GC and talk to a knowledgeable salesman, ask for his business card. Then for future needs call and ask for that individual. You will get better service. The salesmen like the repeat business and will give you more attention. May not work for your GC, but it did for mine. I now get sales flyers via email from him, and he promptly answers my emails and calls. A face to face at first goes a long way.

4. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

Think of it this way: the item you're interested in is on the sales floor, so at any given moment someone could walk in off the street and buy it. This is a bummer if it's something you're very interested in. Hence, call on the phone instead. I called about a bass I really wanted once. Spoke to the sales dude on the phone (he was really nice), and got the details about the bass. I told him I needed a day to think it over. Called back the next day...it was gone!!

5. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    This happens all the time with GC. If you email their corporate office to complain, you will get a response in a day or two. You could also go to your local GC and have them contact the store that has the cab or you could just call the store yourself. They will ship it to your local store for you and you have 30 days to try and return it you are not happy with it.

6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    +1
    Same with their amps as well.

7. I always call and have them send the item to a local store that way I can test it there and get a refund on the spot if I am not happy.

8. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    You live in Memphis/Knoxville it says. Which one? They are on opposite sides of the state with Nashville in between. Are you a student at UT that lives in Memphis? Lots of good guitar stores in Nashville I know. Don't know about Knoxville but I bet Memphis has some good ones too. Quit playing the GC game and support your local stores. Develop relationships with them and you will get much better service and just as good of prices. One day people will wake up and realize this and GC will disappear and I will never again have to see another thread about how much GC sucks.

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I don't disagree with your thoughts. The issue, however, is that SWR gear is discontinued. In addition, I'm not just looking for specific models but specific production runs of these specific models. As such, I'm kind of limited in options and have to buy it from wherever I can find it lol.

10. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    Yeah I get it and I love my old Goliath 410 but there are other outlets for used gear. Nashville shops move tons of used gear and maybe they could even find what you are looking for if you called them. I know it's easy to sit at home and just email but you gotta pick up a phone to get good service and you gotta develop relationships with real shops to get great service.

11. dream_theater

dream_theater

May 8, 2012
    Santa Barbara
    Instrumental Music
    +1. I always call and ask what wear it has and they always respond with "Used but great condition!" And then it has a ding on the headstock and heavy buckle rash...