1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I guess i'm an official GK owner now

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JaamE, Aug 6, 2012.

1. JaamE

JaamE Owner of the GK Angry Bird amp

Apr 13, 2011
    Olympia, WA
    My friend overseas bought me a GK MB115 and had it shipped to my job. Eep!

You guys think you have a hard time explaining new gear to your wives? This is something a male friend... who's just a friend... bought me just because i'm nice and send him care packages.

::sigh::

2. In that case - Enjoy!

3. JaamE

Apr 13, 2011
    Olympia, WA
    I intend to, it's the one i was drooling over, but gifts just for the hell of it are hard for me.

4. What's a care package? I clearly need to start sending some. :D

5. flowers :D

6. Way cool - have fun and send them some more flowers. :D

7. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Free, is my favorite kind of amp. It's also my favorite brand of beer. As well as food, clothes, shoes, guitars and rent.:p

Having a quick look at your profile, what a great gift. Perfect for doing bars, small clubs, parties, etc., and a nice step up, assuming your gear there is current.

You can thank him by using it, making enjoyable music wth it.

And make his care package a little heavy next go-round.:)

8. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Generally a care package is sent to a friend or relative who is serving active duty overseas. My oldest son (US Army) served two consecutive tours on the front side of the Iraq War. We (the wife & I and his younger siblings) sent a care package once a month. Stuff included things like American cigs for bartering, chocolates, bug spray, sports, news, & Auto/biker mags. photos and hand made things from his little brother & two younger sisters, music CD's etc. A monthly care package lets your far from home & in constant danger solider know they are still loved and not forgotten.

We (Americans) owe our Vets a huge debt for the freedoms we enjoy.

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    This^^

Little things that say "home" make a big difference in these guys lives. Especially considering the kind of stuff they face everyday.

10. ncpilot2

ncpilot2

Apr 26, 2005
    Nashville, NC
    You'll enjoy the MB115, I certainly love mine. It's a light package with great sound.

11. Hmm, yeah lets go with that (active duty) - but I bet its from a chick. :D

12. Welcome to owning a GK. That's pretty much all that I play thru now. The MB15 is a nice combo. I have a MB210 and MBE15 and am very happy with GK.

13. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    LMFAO :D Joe you are just plain out a bad bad boy. Apparently the OP has enough to explain.

"Lucy, I'm home.... you got-a lot a 'splainen to do" - Dezi Arnez

14. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    OP is a chick bass player, which we could use a few more of BTW. The dude who sent the amp is the male, care package getting friend. May not be active duty military, but there are plenty of Americans working overseas who aren't.

15. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    HMmmm, well then.... i guess it should be....
    "JaamE I'm home.... an u really gatta lot a 'splainin' too do! :D

16. Ok that make since.

Anyway, OP I have two MB115s and they’re nice amps - have fun.

17. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    :D

18. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya...makes total since.:D

19. Sense :help:

20. JaamE

Apr 13, 2011
    Olympia, WA
    Yes, he's active Army... and through my job in radio i have gotten several other people interested in sending stuff to the single GI's in his unit. He distributes stuff tot hem for us.

And yes, homemade stuff, cards, magazines, logo'd swag from work, powdered drink mix and local, good coffee. There's a pint of homemade blackberry jam going out in the next box to him.

Only thing other than that i've sent were cards that say 'i miss you' and stuff like that, both because i do know him IRL too, and because he doesnt have a girl back home and was getting ribbed about it. But he made me promise last week t hat if he sent me anything i had to remember it was no strings attached and just because i'm so nice. i just wasn't expecting anything like *this*!!