I guess we know for sure now, basses rule the world.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 12, 2005.

1. :crying:

Yep, that's my 6 month old Taylor 214. I got up and spun around and my foot caught on the bass stand. The bass (Modulus Flea 4) teetered for about 10 seconds before plummeting into the side of the guitar. Maybe it wanted to be played more. The bass is perfectly untouched in everyway, not a mark. I still love my Modulus with all my heart, even though it has violent tendencies.

but hell. i think i can fix it myself. i popped it all back into place and i'm going to try to just put some epoxy in the cracks and hold it together because i dont want to get gouged by a luthier if that's all he's going to do. ( no offense, i am just in a tight financial situation )

:rollno: :rollno:

2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd definately ask someone in the luthier's forum how to repair this. I don't think epoxy would be what you want. I would think liquid hide glue inserted into the seam with a syringe would be a much better idea.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry for the injury to your guitar.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Take Tim's advice. That luthiers forum is such a valuable resource here at TB. You can find out exactly what one of those guys would do, and it won't cost you a penny for their advice. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to have one of those guys in the luthier forum work on my bass. It is way too cool that they will help us out for free.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1 MILLION on getting advice froma Luthier...

Heck, if it's only 6 mos old, Taylor might help you out, too..

uhm.. and next time... hard case :D
  6. My room is way too small to have 3 cases laying around it. Although I put the Taylor back in the case, and my Flea Bass and Thumb bass are now the only 2 basses in the 3-slot rockstand, with one slot seperating them. so things are a bit safer. no more of those clumsy stands for me.
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Wall hangers, my friend, wall hangers.
  8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yeah I meant the Taylor... I leave my EB's out on stands.. especially since Iuse gig bags for those.. but my AEB and AG are both in hard cases...
  9. damn it pains me to see a bass in peril. hope it gets better. until you get pro advice, maybe a bad-aid will do :smug:
  10. Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    Same thing happened to me the other day! Knocked over my Flea Bass and it smashed straight through a ceramic plant pot, got soil everywhere :eek:! Same result, not a mark on the bass but one very busted plant pot!
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Gotta love it when basses go on rampages. I remember when I got my 2nd bass... my first bass didn't care for it too much, and one day when I came home, it was holding a saws-all to the other one's neck. Took me awhile to calm her down, but in the end everyone was happy and understanding...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Definitly post in the Luthier forum here and see what they say. I 2nd the bandaid notion though. That'd look schweet. :p

12. Our incidents are testaments to the build quality of Moduli.
  13. Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    Toughest Bass I've ever owned without a doubt. Its been bashed at gigs, fell out of the stand, and still nothing but a tiny dink in the headstock to show for it! I love mine :)!