1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I had a great start to the weekend....I broke two toes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I decided to move a very heavy and very awkward cast-iron table. Being home alone I decided to do it with no help.

Result? The table slipped out of my hands, right on top of my foot, breaking two toes.

So I've spent the last two days in pain, my foot strapped up after a two-hour trip to the ER. I can't go cycling or swimming for two weeks either.

2. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Sounds like that really hurts. Hope you feel better soon.

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I fractured my ankle a few days back. It was gnar. But having your foot all strapped up for two broken toes? I hardly even wear my splint, let alone wrap it. Its too awkward to bike with a splint.

did you ride in the wahbulance?

4. Broken toes?

:D

...I played soccer (your football) competitively for 12 years, I've broken every toe on both feet at least once, most multiple times. I'd just grab some tape, lose the shoe & sock, tape the broken one to the one next to it, sock & shoe back on, back in the game.

:smug:

I still break a toe from time to time, as they just never fully set up right once they've been broken. Bad step, bump my foot against something unseen, etc etc, and SNAP, walking funny again for a week....

;)

...suck it up, you'll live!

5. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    +1, broken every toe and finger atleast twice from football, played a playoff game even though i broke my thumb in first quarter. I'm a machine.

Every since I started practicing for downhill racing, i've fractured left ankle, broken 3 fingers, gotton stitches twice and almost died. Gnar ****.

6. No pics, no broken toes :eyebrow:

7. I knew this was gonna come up....I can't find my camera.

8. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Haha, Downhill racing is intense! It's caused a dislocated shoulder, 2 dislocated thumnbs, 3 broken toes, 2 fractured heels, and a sprained ankle....and an awesome concussion.

But it's soo much fun! :bassist:

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

It will never end..........

10. Be nice!

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

What's ER ? :confused:

If I was in Newcastle, I'd go to A&E - not the set of a fictional Yank TV show!! :p

12. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1 I've broken... 18 (?) bones so far...

13. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    LOL!!! Thats just...funny LOL

I fractured my ankle april of 07...least I thought I had fractured it. All I know is I did something bad wrong to it when I sprained it and it was very painful for a long time. I finally went to the doc about it like in August...turns out I was born with an extra bone in that ankle (go figure) and when I had sprained it I pulled the ligaments or whatever that normally kept that bone in its place...so for months I had been walking with that bone floating around in my ankle and that was a pain literally....was put in a walking cast and was suppose to wear it for a month...ended up wearing it for 3 weeks and that was that. The ankle is ok now though it has its sore moments. How that bone reset itself back into its place is beyond me but it did.

And as for the # of broken/fractured bones Ive had? :bag: Oh lord....that would take too long to type out. LOL

Hope your toes get better fast, broken toes suck. ... Ive had them too...

14. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    I used to teach Kempo, we would break toes sparring, tape them up and go out and fight some more. Good times. One of the students made it two matches in Taiwan after suffering a couple broken ribs in his first match. eek.

15. You knew what I meant!

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

What - that you visted the set of a fictional TV show...:confused:

17. Do you want a rabbit's foot or a 4-leaf clover?

You seem to be a very unlucky girl.

18. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Sorry. Does it impede your typing or bass playing?

19. Good thing you don't need your toes to watch football (the American football). ;)

20. All too true!

:)