Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I had no idea when I woke up yesterday, I would be going to sleep one bass richer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 22, 2001.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I went to this used/pawn shop type place yesterday. My parents were going to get me some Playstation games for Christmas and they were going to let me pick them out, so they didn't wind up buying me games I wouldn't play. Well, I didn't see any games of interest, but there was a used Cort, that was a copy of a Precision hanging up for 100 bucks. (There was a fairly decent Silvertone guitar hanging for 20 bucks :eek: If only they knew how much that guitar is really worth) Well, my parents gave me the money that they were orginally going to give me for games, towards the bass, I payed my share, and became one Cort bass richer yesterday.

Very nice bass for the price. Great punchy tone. It's obvious the person who had it before me barley played it because it is in practically mint condition. Has a maple fretboard. Even has fairly new strings on it.

It had a few stickers on it. I always said I wanted to get a cheap P-bass and "punk it up" by putting some stickers on it. Well, I think that's what I'm going to do.

2. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    congrats on the new bass! :cool: ive played quite a few corts .... nice basses. im assuming its a cort curbow 4? anyways congratulations.

btw, how much is a silvertone worth?

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks bro. I'm not sure if it's a curbow or not. It doesn't have any model number or name on it. I just know it's a Prescision copy. It's obviously not one of their top of the line models. I'm not sure on just how much a Silvertone guitar is worth, but I know it's a quite a lot more thank 20 bucks. :D

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Congrats on the new bass

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Now you start your journey. Enjoy it for now, for tomorrow you buy....again.

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    If it's a P-Bass copy, then it's not a Cort Curbow. I'm not sure what model it is.

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Oh no bro, this is my 5th bass. I've been playing for about 5 years. I guess I just saw this hanging up for not so much money, and my GAS got the best of me. I always said my next bass was going to be a Carvin, but it looks like that changed. ;)

I just think it's cool, cause I'm assuming that some kid probaly had it before me, thinking they were going to play bass, then found out how hard it is and traded it in. Now I have it, and I'm going to give it new life, so to speak. :D I'm taking it to my next gig on Saturday.

8. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    A Carvin would be nice.

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    No bro, they just helped me buy it. :) I paid about 75 bucks worth of it. The money they paid was suppose to be part of a Christmas present.

I couldn't see them buying me a Carvin though. :D

10. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i can't wait till i have more basses. I only have one now. :( . I guess i just have to keep on the lookout for a good deal like you found. Congrats on the new bass though.

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats - new basses are always good!

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, as I said earlier, it's not a top of line model. Not to be rude or try and put you on a guilt trip though, be happy you have a bass. A lot of people don't even have that. ;) :) (Don't worry, I constantly complain about my amp :D , but I'm really thankful I even have one) Besides, I know a lot of good players that only have on guitar/bass.

By the way, where is Derry? I've never heard of it.

13. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    im thinking of finding a good deal like you and defretting it.that would be fun,and good experience.

14. Pea-NUT

Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    Yea, the local pawn shop here has a Fender Mexi P bass, they want 150. I was thinking of a fretless P, that would be weird but awesome. You dont see many of those. I would maybe give them 100 for it.:D