1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I had the most disturbing dream last night...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RedCoatMonster, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I was sitting in my room playing bass, and out of nowhere the neck fell off and started to come apart in strange ways! All the paaint started falling off, then the headstock fell off, the triuss rod was ruined, the neck wouldnt bolt back on, and the frets were all ruined...someone hold me.:bawl:
    If Freud were around, I think he might say im afraid of castration...the neck representing my manhod.:ninja::(

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I have a similar dream sometimes, my DB just falling apart at the seams, termites, whatever. I'm REALLY glad to wake up from that one. Usually I put in a call to my luthier shortly thereafter.

Another one is the "can't find the venue" dream... gig starts in two minutes, and I'm hopelessly lost.

3. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    +1 I've had that one! I hate to be late to the gig. :mad:

4. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I've never had the bass falling apart dream. A few times I've had a dream where my band was playing a gig and they start playing a song I don't know, so, I try to fake it and fail.

5. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I've experienced that in real life. It has worked out somewhat ok every time though.

I never had the bass falling apart dream either. I'm glad I haven't. Didn't sound too nice. :)

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +2. I've had that one too.

7. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I wonder if this is a common occurance on TB. It was the first one I have ever had...
    All I know is I dont want another one.

8. It wasn't a dream it was Squier.:smug:

9. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Suprisingly enough, thats pretty accurate, good thing I dont play that POS anymore lol.

10. I had a dream that I loaned my 6-string bass to someone for a gig and it was almost completely demolished. The headstock was broken in 4 or more pieces, the neck had long cracks in it, and the body looked like it met an axe (sharpened axe not a guitar :smug:). It felt like one of those dreams when someone close to me dies.

11. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    If you WERE speaking of a guitar, meeting a bass would most assuradly frightened the wieny guitar into tears.

12. The beautiful thing about nightmares is that they embody your greatest fears (you really love that six-string) and then you wake up to find that 'twas merely a dream. REJOICE!:hyper:

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Don't worry, thats just mojo!

14. I'm sure i've heard this before...

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California

heh. I had a dream once where I did something stupid to my 5 string Carvin, and I snapped the neck cleanly in two. I cried. Literally. I woke up and the pillow was wet and salty.

...wait a minute... :eyebrow:

16. Right after I bought my Warwick, my first "I love it" bass since a totally-fun divorce forced me to give up my house, rent a tiny apt and sell e/t but a cot + my books + some clothing, I remember driving home in an "it's a celebration" mood. I mean, I was playing air-bass on the steering-wheel, just feeling real fine. I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about.

That same night, I woke up horrified by a dream in which I had left the bass in full-view in my car, parking the thing curbside in friendly, crime-free St. Louis City (I live in the County; those of you from B'more will understand). It was one of those slo'-mo' dreams, you know, where everything just oozes on for what seems like hours. Pure psycho-torture.

So in that dream, I remember realizing, after seeing about 4 patients (so it must "have been" around noon) that my bass was in the car, in full view. Ahhhhh! :eek:I remember--running the 1/2 mile or so to the trashy spot I had found to park my vehicle.

I looked @ the car, and I froze: Sure enough, the passenger side window was smashed, and my five-string baby I had just named "Midnight" was gone--GONE! I remember asking people if they had seen anything (oh, yeah, that always works), and just getting "IDK" shrugs. And then I slunk into my car, not even bothering to clean up the glass shards... The whole dream was just way too realistic (including my forgetfulness). At this point, my memory of this way-too-vivid dream of utter gothic horror goes blank.

So I jolted out of that dream, and shivering, sweat soaked, I rushed to where I had parked the instrument, right there across the room. AND IT WAS THERE! I was still half asleep, so the joy was just surreal as I started coming to.

As long as it's a dream, I'll handle it, though I'd rather totally pass on the fun ride to the first taker. You know what I'm saying?

17. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I'm very careful of my basses in my dreams and others notice it.

18. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Still, a dream about a broken guitar is better than what I woke up from this morning at 5 AM. Global thermonuclear war and everyone all around me dying in fiery apocalypse and zombies and other creatures of hell running all around as the World ended.

I'm pretty sure I dreamed that because I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein for about 6 hours right before I went to bed, after not having played any video games at all in the past few years.

19. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Proof and pudding that you sir are pillow biter. ;)

20. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Sometimes I think about having the neck of my bass broken, and it makes me shudder. I'm glad stuff like that doens't visit me at night...