Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I had to do it...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I changed my name guys... yeah it's me StupidMatt®. I've had my history with StupidMatt, I was in a English class where we used blackboard (an online classroom). And I screwed up on my first signup, so my second username was "StupidMatt" and my teacher didn't like that because she thought I was really down on myself because I was quiet. I dunno, it's just that I feel that I'll be a Talkbasser for a long time, and StupidMatt won't seem as cool when I'm and ol' timer. It was fun while it lasted, and don't worry guys, deep inside, I'm still stupid.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Deep inside
    HAHA IT SHOWS!
    :D jk jk lol good call, no one likes stupid names...
    get it
    stupid

ahh you suck :)

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Well - a born again TalkBasser!!!:)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, I applaud the change. I'm probably going to have mine changed to my name as well, because not many (real) people call me diff anymore, and no one gets it anyway. But hey, you'll always be StupidMatt to me ;)

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, StupidMatt will live on in the hearts of millions. But I figure the real name works. I mean, it's cool enough for all the big shots around Talkbass so it's cool enough for me.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

So, are you still Stupid, Matt?:D

7. i guess i'll eventually change mine to my name, but remember...ill always be a cool dude

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool. Nice to meet you, Matt. :)

9. Have you lined up anyone to pass the Stupid prefix down to? You know, carry on the tradition.

Welcome to TB Mr. Till,

10. :mad: That's not cool....not cool at all.
    *sniff,sniff* Stupidmatt was the guy who taught me how to create a scrolling marquee!*sniff*
    <MARQUEE> Why'd ya do it Matt? <MARQUEE>

And I took it from there, and taught myself how to do it to most of the post! Thank you Matt!:) Whoohoo! Look at me go! :)

11. i cant do it, i tried but i cant delete my old account, how do i start new? but keep my old email?

12. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Changed mine as well. Apparently the "er" at the end of my current name didn't go too well with some others around here.

:p

13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Did the same thing a couple days ago myself.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Soooaaahhh, whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs, laying on the front porch?

15. look at me with my fancy new account, its me the uncanny cool dude todd.:D :p :cool:

16. do you like bad brains or is your thing under your name just coincidental?:confused:

17. :mad: Not cool.....not cool at all.
    *sniff,sniff* Cool dude todd was the guy who taught me that I could change my username. Then I took it from there, went back in time, and changed my account to Terry Morse. Yup goin back in time.......

<MARQUEE>
    Whoohoo! Look at me go, back in....time!
    </Marquee>

18. it took me almost a year to make an account and cool dude todd was only created last week, i think im ok:p

19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    NOOOOO why stupidmatt? Oh well. i guess i should go with "Casey Hughes" but,,, it's so lame.... Well, at least you got the good ol avatar back. the SEXY one.......

20. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.

Bad Brains are my religion.