1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hate ants! Ants in my pants, and up my bass!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ashtray, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Was changing strings on my guitar and noticed an ant. Then another. Then a trail. 100 ants later, I had to get to the source. It turns out to be a power outlet behind the sofa. They were pouring out of there. Had to dig out all the guitars and guitar cases and other gear I had stowed behind the sofa. Not the way I thought I would spend my evening.

Have my brother in law in town staying in that room too - killed half a dozen ants on his inflatable bed and ran laundry.

I hate ants - they're coarse and they get everywhere... like sand. ;)

Some before and after pics. I was going to clear out my collection on Reverb but wasn't motivated. I think I just found some motivation.

A06BFE33-91EA-4394-92D8-832E1864253A.

3573CED8-4B50-4065-9531-C771CA5AD6AD.

B8A3FBA9-16FC-46CE-8444-C00B9D75788E.

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Nice collection man, but I wanna see some ants...

btmpancake likes this.
  3. Better than a pile of Fire Ants.

S

JGbassman likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Tell your brother in law to quit munching in the bed and stop being a nasty slob.

5. Can't blame him. The ants were in the laundry room downstairs 3 days ago. Then in the garage a day later. The music room/office is over the garage, so they headed there next.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah I was just being given a goofball. Good luck with it. We have fire ants in my area and I am allergic to their evil butts.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    7c577d75-4050-4da3-9fff-ed4dc4eff920.._CB329430698_.

Templar and ahc like this.
  8. Yeah - this stuff works well if:
    You know where the trail is, and
    If you don't mind a huge trail of ants in your room for a couple days.

And yes - in my pants, as I was changing strings and getting bites on my legs. Or at least I felt them crawling on me after I saw them.

9. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    They were harvesting your groove for the queen.

OldDog52 and catcauphonic like this.
  10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas

Yeah you're gonna get a trail with this stuff, but keep in mind the ones that you can see are only about 10% of the ones that are there!

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think this thread is a not so veiled attempt to show off your collection of basses to the OT crowd. :)

-Mike

Old Garage-Bander and Stewie26 like this.
  12. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    tumblr_mdlc4pveDz1rikt3no1_400.

ashtray likes this.
  13. Eh, if I wanted to show off on the Internet, I'd post a pic of a car that isn't mine and claim its my daily driver. ;)

6E62E1CE-CC1A-4DCF-8DB6-B968DCE6B1DE.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  14. That Terro stuff works great.

Besides, you already have the ant trail from the outlet, and ants all over the place.

Apart from some poison what else can you use to get rid of them....harsh language? ;)

15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    You might want to add this ant shaped bass to your collection.

ant-bass-body-close-up-768x1024.

btmpancake, catcauphonic and BurnOut like this.
  16. sometimes ants can be attracted to the insulation on wiring
    it happened in a factory where I worked in 2000 & we had to replace most of the wiring & make sure not to buy from the same manufacturer again
    they absolutely inundated our conduits & stuff & there is an abundance of ants in Thailand, because they never get frozen out from Winter

17. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I love ants, they never cease to amaze me with there abilities. But I can understand where you're coming from here. Not in the house.

18. their one ability that is pretty cool is how much more times their body weight they can lift

19. But even the colony of ants couldn't lift my Stingray... :roflmao: