Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i... hate...egos!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jul 4, 2002.

1. I'm in..well was, in this band called kick steph, and one day they say that they've been looking for another bass player (yes, another, but doesn't bother me), so, 3 hours later, i'm in the band. 3weeks later, one of my friends say to me, that steve, the other bassist, i'm their manager. MANAGER! at this point i'm thinking to myself "i spent 3 ******* hours writing these 5 songs, for nothing?!?!" now i get this email saying that i'm out of the band, but i can still be their manager if they want too, so i call his house saying it's either my way (being a bassist) or the highway( out of the band), looks like i got the highway...

right now i am so pissed, angry, and ready to find another band... and god knows how long thats gonna take

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Sorry about that bud. Don't sweat it, you'll find another cool band. Maybe the next one will be more stable. :)

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    manager?

ha. you obviously know far more than these schmucks. dont' worry about it.

4. heheh...

a bunch of kiddies who think they need a manager indeed have a serious ego program :)

perhaps they watched Barney the Dinosaur ( ye gods ! the humanity !! :eek: ) too much..

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hey, can you be my band's manager?

;)

:confused:

your ex-band situation made little sense to me. they had a bass player, they invited to you to play with them, you wrote songs, they relegated you to the position of "manager" :)D ), you dropped out. ***!?!

make sure your band-mates aren't dipsticks next time.

6. i was kinda happy i still kinda had a position in the band, but the other bass player was friends with the drummer since he was 4, so i guess that friendship is more important than having more than one song (thats right, one song) on a set list

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    That happened to me once. When the Spice Girls were popular, the girls in my class made their own Spice Girls band and i wanted to be in it but I was too fat so they said I could be the manager. :rolleyes:
    *still harbours deep emotional scars*

8. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Defraud them of millions in earnings then write a best-selling expose documenting their exploits and antics.

Chas

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I got that once too, when I was a little kid. The guys on my block started a band, but at the time I played piano, and piano wasn't rock and roll enough in their opinion. So they wanted me to be the manager. I was pissed so I declined. Time and perspective heal (almost ;) )all wounds F.F.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I like your style, Chas. :D