1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hate gui**** Center

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buslady7803, May 10, 2010.

1. I gotta vent...

So last Wednesday I purchase a used Warwick Corvette std. but they can't release it yet, they tell me today, the 10th they can release it.

I go today to pick it up and the guy says it can't be released until the 26th. I'm like WHAT???

Now, this is a different guy than before, he felt REALLY bad to tell me he couldn't let me take it. The other guy from Wednesday had put 5/10/10 on the receipt...

For one he gives me the wrong date and fails to tell me that they have to hold it for 30 days for a police check to make sure it's not stolen.

So here I am, totally looking forward to getting it, taking it to my teacher and play it. I was livid, I was so pissed off I was burning mad.

I told the guy today that the other guy owes me a new set of black beauties (thats whats on it right now) and im gonna tell them to honor a $50 off coupon that came today. They screwed up so much with me, after this I'm done with them.

I just want my 'wick!! :bawl::mad: Now I gotta wait 2 1/2 weeks...

The original guy got his @$$ handed to him for lying to me and potentially breaking the law...but the systems stopped me from taking it home.

2. You'd think they'd do a police check BEFORE they bought the damn thing from the guy, wouldn't you?

3. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    :rollno:Sorry to hear bout that kind of crap goin on with the "think their famous, but just waiting for their big break" people .:rollno: Hope you get your 'wick soon, or they get donkey punched.:mad::mad::mad:

4. FromTheBassMent

FromTheBassMent Those who can, play bass. Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Providence, RI
    They can't do that really, because the police check takes several weeks.

However, they should definitely not put the instrument on the floor for sale until they're sure it's not stolen. If it turns out they made a sale on a stolen bass, they are technically trafficking in stolen goods.

5. Yeah I'm worried that what if it IS stolen and them I'm out the bass of my dreams...I've been wanting a 'vette since I started playing...and to find a wick for this cheap in excellent shape, I just hope this isn't a 'too good to be true' kind of thing...

It's paid for in full, but they call it "on layaway"...

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Wow. You can go buy a handgun tomorrow and still pick it up before your bass becomes available. That sucks!

7. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Is it still on the floor? GET IT OFF, or GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!

8. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    The Police and GuitCenter blow ballz.

9. No it's not on the floor, it's in back with my name on it.

Interesting to note that I saw my DEFECTIVE Ibanez that I turned in ON the floor for sale.

10. theworldismad

theworldismad

Oct 11, 2009
    Look at it this way- if they waited till the police check period was over to put this bass on the floor, you may have never been able to claim it. If they would have waited for that month to be over then put it up, someone else could have easily picked it up without you even knowing that it was ever available. One thing I have learned about waiting for an instrument is that it is just so worth the wait that a week or month can only build my excitement! But, I also understand your frustration.

11. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Then again, if you had your prized Corvette stolen from you, and Guitar Center got it back to you, they would be your heros.

Breath deep, relax. If it's not stolen it's yours, reason to celebrate. If, God forbid, it is stolen, then you should be happy for the original owner/victim. There will always be another "perfect" bass crossing your path.

"The original guy got his @$$ handed to him for screwing me over..."

It hardly sounds like you've been screwed. Inconvenienced sure. Still, the most likely outcome is that gui**** Center will have provided you with the bass of your dreams in great condition at a killer price. Pity you........

12. Ever seen mad max? thats what the world would be like without police, try living in that bud;)

13. :rollno: I'm in Australia so I dunno IF that'sactually TRUE or not, but it def. wouldn't surprise me if it were true :rolleyes: Absolutely MAD!!!!!!!

Understand re the cop checks 'n all, but as stated above- YES they SHOULD do ALL this stuff B4 the bass is put onthe floor for sale
    You've every right to be :mad:
    They SHOULD also give U a few 'goodies' to keep U 'close' to being happy. Word of mouth... is even faster now the net is about eh????? :p
    Hope U get yr Warwick soon & with as little hassle as poss. Should be SUPERB when U DO get it!!! Good luck.

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Not really.

They can sell it, it can't be released from the store until after the police check. And by telling you that it can't be released until after that police check, you should understand that if it does come back stolen the sale is void.

You can either understand the process or have a fit about it. I've seen people do both.

In this case the first salesperson gave an incorrect release date, for whatever reason. I understand that makes him the worst person in the world... or someone who might've made a mistake. He also might've given what he thought was accurate info and the problem could lie elsewhere. Either way, IMO it doesn't sound like that big a deal. Not as big as having the bass released prior to being checked and then having to take it back afterwards. I had that happen with a pawnshop... but they didn't get the bass back.
    :cool:

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Because that's what it is. An uncompleted sale. You know there is a chance you might not get it.

Two schools of thought on that... don't put it out and possibly shatter someone's dream or put it out and let the buyer know the process. I fall in the latter camp and just bought a pretty expensive bass for a great price from the GC in Rockville. I had to wait almost three weeks. I'm cool with the process... I like seeing stuff before others do.

Good luck.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Why is that interesting?

17. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    Well you can fit a shotgun in a guitar case, and don't have to wait for a police check. Just a thought.

18. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I had a similar situation. I put money down on a used ampeg head. They said it could be released Feb 10th.. I came in on Feb 10th and the guy had the 'oh shoot' look on his face when he looked it up.. they had sold it a few days earlier!

Then I found out my girlfriend at the time came in and bought it for my birthday. One of the guys knew what was going on and told me... which was good because I was pretty pissed but bad because it spoiled the gift.

I like the 30 day hold it thing. If someone stole my stuff I would except retailers to at least try to make sure it was legit.

19. It's just really really frustrating.

The day I paid for it, he said originally he thought it was the 26th then he said 'oh it's available sooner, it says the 10th' ..so cool, I was really looking forward to spending the whole afternoon on it. So I guess, that'll be my afternoon on the 26th.
    He didn't explain why and all about the laws and stuff so I didn't understand about holding it,etc.

Either way yeah it's mine as long as it clears...

I should also add, I do hope nobody lost their nice bass to thieves...

I just thought it was interesting, they sell defective stuff.

20. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Actually, there were a lot of cops in Mad Max, that's just what Australia is like. :D

Michael