Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

.. I hate guidance councilers...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I go down to the guidance counciler to fill out what courses I'm taking next year. After that's done, she asks a little about what I'm doing over the summer and what I like and stuff.

Her: "So Will, what are you doing this summer?"

Me: "Probably working, teaching music"

Her: "Teaching guitar?"

Me: "err.. Yeah, sure... *nods frustratedly*"

Her: "What else?"

Me: "I'll be playing a lot of bass, and sleeping"

Her: "Cool. *writes down "playing base"*"

Me: "By the way..err. I'm teaching bass.. not guitar"

Her: "Arent they the same thing?"

Me: "... No"

Her: "Oh, okay *writes down "Teaching base"*"

I wanted to smack her. Luckily I see Mr. Hopkins, a very cool teacher later that day. He asks what I've been listening to lately, and I tell him that I listen to Jaco and Weather report a lot. We have a good conversation there, which made me forget about the whole guidance counciler thing.

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah man, I'd be superfly PO'ed! How dare your guidance councilor not be personally familiar with your hobbies?! She should have known that you play bass, and then she should have then studied up on bass and known the difference between guitar and bass! How disrespectful to you. She should be fired and then killed. :rolleyes:
    FWIW - I don't think I ever talked to my guidance counselor in HS and also, a few years after high school I found out that the world didn't revolve around me. I hope someday soon you can have that realization for yourself.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA

... The thing is... She knew I played bass... Her son's a musician. She keeps a file of EVERYONE's life and what they do for hobbies. I've told her multiple times. It's just one of those things that you hate to hear non-bassists say.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    But how does ur engrish teacher feel about it?

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    ... Is the "ur" intentional :p.. I never ever type "u" as a word o_0.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes, but you did manage to misspell a more than a couple words, and displayed some questionable grammatical decisions.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That's my fault. I was extremely tired and I felt like ranting about something.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, you don't have to apologize. Don't particularly care. It's legible, so I'm not one to really nitpick (pointing out this particular contradiction/inconsistency will have you taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose).

10. Sadly,even I am beginning to get annoy'd at these "Journal" threads.

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    I am dissatisfied with the content posted in this thread.

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    You're a good sport to some ripping, nice work. uR A-oK wItH mE.

13. Amen bro, i hate guidence counselors too. I'd tell them to go see a phsyciatrist (i dont know how to spell that...) but they would probably get in some fight over which job helps more...

*ya, i need to get some sleep...

14. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Yeah, ahem, so as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted: these 'My Day!! :)' posts would be far betterly received in places where they are appreciated, and applicable. There's a good lad.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wasn't so hard now, was it?

16. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Eh, so I tore up their membership

Shocking abuse of authority

18. I went to a guidance counselor, said I should go to a shrink cause I might have adhd... one week later and a week before my final exams I was on Dexamphetamenes, and thats really the only reason I was able to study hard and get into university.

I love guidance counselors. Oh yeah, the same guy suggestive to my folks that I eat lots of protein and went as far as telling them to cook me bacon every morning!!! OHHHHH YEAH! I love it...

19. Can someone explain the point of guidance counsellors to me please?? They seem a bit unnecessary to be honest but that's from an Englishman.

20. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Underground Prozac dealers.