Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate meeces to pieces!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Oct 26, 2004.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    So, I guess I have a mouse problem at my store. It's not really that shocking seeing as the building was built in 1869 and it located within blocks from some corn fields. So I bought 5 traps this weekend and put Peanut butter on them.

When I got in this morning, one of the traps had snapped a little mousie right on the neck!* YES! However, the other traps were licked clean and had been tripped, but there were no dead mice attached to them...not even a little mouse leg or tail.

So, my question is this - What should I use on the traps that might stick a bit better than PB? I've talked to a couple of people and that's what they suggested...anyone have a better idea?

*For all the peta people out there: I don't like killing things, (including mice) but for what it's worth, the one mouse I caught this morning DID get all the peanut butter off the trap before it snapped his little neck. So he died happy and full :)

2. Get a CAT

3. I say this phrase ad nauseum around my co-workers, as we have a critter which likes to visit my office after hours....

(what can you do in a factory?)

Love them Pixie & Dixie....

4. Use biscuits, oats or cereal. A cat would also do wonders.

Leigh

5. Wow, what a weird coincidence...last week I was trying to recall what cartoon had the "I hate meeces to pieces" line in it.

What 'toon WAS that line from?

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Or, he got nailed before he ate, and his buddies ate the peanut butter from around his little carcass.

7. Pixie & Dixie, as muttered by Jinx the cat.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Try supergluing some tasty morsel to the trigger.

brad cook

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Does anyone remember the .jpg pic with the mouse wearing a crash helmet and going up to a mouse trap? I want that pic. It was cool. A friend had it as his background a while back but couldn't remember where he found it.

10. Mice don't like cheese.

Leigh

11. Get those mouse traps that are like this sticky paper stuff and put like peanutbutter and food crumbs all over it. They run onto it going "wooohoo!!! food!" and get stuck and die from fighting to escape.

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i had problems with meeces - we borrowed a friends cat for a few weeks - he took care of the problem (even though he got the glue trap stuck to his little ass).

13. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Be happy you only have mice. The backroom of my local Wal*Mart gets sewer rats every once in a while. Those things are freaking huge. And mean.

Oh, I second the glue trap with crumbs sprinkled all over it, too.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Glue traps are awesome....follow that up with a cat with a good killer instinct.

-Mike

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I worked in a feed mill for a while several years ago. Now THOSE were some darned impressive rats. On average, the rats at the mill were the size of a healthily fed adult housecat. Some were bigger. The biggest I personally saw was probably about 25 lbs and 20" (11-12 kg and 50 cm for our other-than-US TBers)

I picture rats like that saying "Here kitty kitty."

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...I have a baboon infestation in my pantry.

It's better than the gypsies who were in there last year...finally caught the last of those buggers.

brad cook

17. Yeah, thanks, Brad. Now I know where the Queen of the Harpies came from...oh, wait, thats mum...you can have her back, too.

Leigh

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry, I don't speak Australian. What did you say?

brad cook

19. 1. Queen of the Harpies

Female who nags a lot for no reason.
    Related to mythological female creatures with wings who made loud shrieking noises.