1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I hate my bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kLumick, Apr 15, 2004.

1. kLumick

kLumick

Apr 4, 2004
    about 4 months ago, I purchased a Behringer bx1200 amp, not knowing the mediocre sound and boring tone that it puts out. I've played with the settings a ton, and i still cant get a rich clean tone, or a crisp popping tone, could you guyss help me out on how to achieve these tones from such a crappy amp,

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Like Bassart1 said, and save for a new amp, it's better to save for what you want then to skimp out now cause you have the money for something of a lesser expense. You will be much happyier in the long run! :)

Peace
    -Ben

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Sorry Klumick, but this happens to pretty much everybody. You're just screwed. Start saving up for a new amp, don't waste any money on DI boxes.

4. Unfortunately you can't polish a turd and I've tried (aaaahhh the good ol' TNT days).

But seriously hang in there till you can get something better. It'll get you to practice and back.

I do have an Ampeg B2R I'm thinking of selling. Interesting maybeeeeeeee..........................?

5. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    dude, I hate your bass amp too.
    Buy a GK.