Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate my bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kLumick, Apr 15, 2004.

1. kLumick

kLumick

Apr 4, 2004
    about 4 months ago, I purchased a Behringer bx1200 amp, not knowing the mediocre sound and boring tone that it puts out. I've played with the settings a ton, and i still cant get a rich clean tone, or a crisp popping tone, could you guyss help me out on how to achieve these tones from such a crappy amp,

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Like Bassart1 said, and save for a new amp, it's better to save for what you want then to skimp out now cause you have the money for something of a lesser expense. You will be much happyier in the long run! :)

Peace
    -Ben

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Sorry Klumick, but this happens to pretty much everybody. You're just screwed. Start saving up for a new amp, don't waste any money on DI boxes.

4. Unfortunately you can't polish a turd and I've tried (aaaahhh the good ol' TNT days).

But seriously hang in there till you can get something better. It'll get you to practice and back.

I do have an Ampeg B2R I'm thinking of selling. Interesting maybeeeeeeee..........................?

5. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    dude, I hate your bass amp too.
    Buy a GK.