Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate my family

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Aug 8, 2004.

1. I've been feeling lousy and sore and swollen because I had my wisdom teeth taken out on friday. One of my friends was sweet enough to bake me some soft cookies to help make me feel better, but whenever I'm not looking my family's been taking them, knowing the situation and all. There's barely any cookies left now; I want to hurt them. I WANT AN ADOPTION AND MORE DRUGS. :mad: :mad: :mad: :bassist: :mad:

2. My advice- do what I do whenever parentals piss you off, have a mantra : "College is coming soon, no more parents, college is coming soon, no more parents."

3. oh yeah i forgot i only got like 10 days before i'm free woohoo!

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    How 'bout this... "College is coming soon... Thank goodness my parents are paying. College is coming soon... Thank goodness my parents are paying."

-robert

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

I wanna be the mean bitter poster here.

Well least you have a family to take your cookies, who put a roof over your head and feed you.

How did I do?. Did I sound bitter? :hyper:

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Like three-day old coffee!! :D

-robert

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Repeat after me:

The older I get, the wiser I become.

The wiser I become, the more I realize that family is dear, and nothing as little as cookies or any series of unfortunate moments or experiences can possibly ruin a lifetime of love, caring and nurturing.

Its standard and typical for teenagers to want to get away from their family and be "free". But once you've lived on your own, you'll always define "home" as family . . .

Be patient, grasshopper. Go stretch your wings, but don't irrevocably burn any bridges.

8. 1.) If it makes you feel better, I hate your family too.

2.)If you want, I could send you some soft cookies.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay, so your family, that puts a roof over your head, pays for your wisdom teeth to come out to save you from unbearable pain and disfigurement later in life, pays for your college and probably pays for your bass gear, internet access etc wants a few of your cookies and you want to moan about the injustice of it all?

:rollno:

10. But they were HIS! And they could have at least asked.

11. Problem solved.

They steal your cookies. You steal thier life. Hide the bodies in sealed bins.

12. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Curse you all! Now I want cookies. :hyper:

I'm sure he doesn't actually hate his family because of a few cookies. Those would have to be some pretty dang good cookies for somebody to hate their family over them.

13. I vote we all send him cookies. :meh:

14. Just take 4 doses of nyquil.

And all will be solved.

15. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I vote he stops crying.

16. Hey guys, I just want you to reread my post, and take everything really seriously. Thanks, Thinking of you, Quackbass, fatbassjazzer and others who realized that I was being completely sarcastic. Sorry, I thought I was pretty clear, guess not. :meh:

17. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    ***?!?!?!

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good work! You'll fit right in. Keep up the tradition of not letting young people vent about anything without throwing that in their faces!

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Time to lighten up. :)

20. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I thought you were being pretty clear too:
    :eyebrow: