Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate my friend Shea right now.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That thumper has been in a band for about 3 weeks, and now he gets to open for New Found Glory and Sum 41 in ridgecrest this month.

I HATE HIM!

And to make it worse, my mom will not let me go with him to be his geetar tech.

Heck, I am even more talented than Shea! In all of my bands, I just end up sitting in a garage for months trying to work with inferior "musicians" on the same four songs.

Did I mention he is getting 3k for doing it?

Anyone else sometimes just hate their friends for any reason?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hate is a stronger word than people realize, it is tossed around way too much.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    It is not a "want him dead" hate...

More of a "I'm am really jealous of you right now, so I am just gonna be a sympathy whore until I feel better" type of hate.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well look at it this way, at least you don't have to listen to Sum 41 or *shudders* New Found Glory :mad: hate:mad: hate :mad: hate isn't a strong enough word to describe what I think of those them.

Edit by Jazzbo: We don't swear here, even if it is "edited."

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    NFG isn't that bad... And sum 41 are the coolest canucks ever.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    More that "singer" than anyone. He is one of those people if I saw him in real life I would instantly attack him. Him and carrot top.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I would actually kind of like to see that....Stupidmatt seeing someone and going into "frenzy attack mode"

that might be fun.

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Fate sometimes tends to work that way. I mean Sid Vicious got in a band, right?

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Another $20 for the red head

10. talent on an instrument doesn't have anything to do with success. an ear for something catchy and a little creativity are far more important.

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ditto. Its also about having a band that is marketable. Along with being a nice guy, but also persitant and professional.

12. also, playing what the teeny-boppers wanna hear don't hurt. (like the bands he's opening for...)

13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Dogonit...first they named that stadium after him and now this...now he's all that anybody ever wants to talk about, it's all Shea, Shea, Shea....well let me tell you something - I for one am sick and tired of hearing about Shea! He's not half the guitar player he tries to convince everyone he is...and my god, if you ever heard him talk to girls at a party - well let's just say that I was emberased for him...yet everybody loves Shea....nobody says "wow Creep, you know - you're really good at playing bass" or "Damn Creep, you are one sexy man" No. What do they say? They say "did you hear about Shea's gig opening for Blink 182..." WELL ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU SHEA! That's right, other people have feelings to you know and just because you got lucky and got a gig playing guitar for a band that opens for Creed doesn't mean that I'll never get a gig playing bass, I mean - I work real hard and I'm learning a lot...so the girls don't like me - big deal. I'm sure I'll get a girl friend someday and when I do she may not be beautiful, but she'll be a nice person and she won't make feel like this all the time the way you do Shea...I hate you Shea I hate you Shea...:bawl:...

14. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    For carrot top, i think i would beat him unconsious with a payphone.

I hate my friends all the time. Every day they amaze me how stupid and stubborn and ignorant they can be(or maybe im the stupid one).

15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    **** edited because nothing nice can be said****

16. *BLEEP* Both of the bands cause IMO they both *BLEEP* and can *BLEEP* my *BLEEP*

17. cool for him.

I'd open for them...exposure is exposure, my friend.

...and plus i like NFG's old stuff.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow, I was blinded by rage last night... I don't remeber what I said... I'll try not to think of... that band. :spit: