Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate neighbors part II: How do you fix a hole in your wall

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This is something I should fix before winter. The neighbors were continuing despite several complaints from us on a daily basis, to play loud rap music. So I ran downstairs punching the wall rapidly, ran into the kitchen and kicked the wall 3 times until eventually there was a hole in the wall. The music stopped. The guy came over and asked what was going on, then had the nerve to say, "Oh, all you have to do is ask and we'll turn it down." We are not their parents, we should have to ask them every day.

A few days later, we called the cops, this are rather quiet around here now.

But, now I've got a hole in my wall, how do you fix holes in walls.

2. LMAO! You shudda gone round and kicked a hole through their stereo, it should be a crime to play rap music.

3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I can't comment on the hole, but you get props for the Boxy Brown avatar.

4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Normally I try to be open minded but I gotta agree with ya Nick. If just more rap groups would start taking their cues from bands like The Roots or hell, even RATM.

:bag:

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Well, the only thing I dislike more than rap music, is bands like RATM and The Roots. So, I guess we should allow for all types of musical taste, huh?

Do you really think it would have bothered Matt any less if it was RATM being blasted by his neighbors every day?

Focus on the relevant information, children.....

6. OK, well i still stand by the fact that he shudda destroyed their stereo. And punching walls is not good, as they tend to break your bones.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Kicked the wall. Still not the best thing to do, but a big difference from punching. ;)

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Not true... I have 4 posters on my falls just because my hand didn’t break but wall did... hoary for posters and paintings

Yes this actually info for you Matt... poster/painting/move furniture... want some more ideas? I have many holes in my wall and many posters... it works magic dude...

Cheers

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Eh, but the walls aren't insulated, and this is an apartment I rent. I gotta fix the wall.

In their defense, one day they stopped playing rap and cranked, that Evanescence hit song with the rapper dude (so I guess it was rap) on repeat for seriously 2 hours. I honestly don't think they listen to the music, the just need something they can yell over.

10. Well since there's already a hole in the wall, I'd install and wire a high out put tweeter (directed toward your neighbor) Before sealing up the hole. Then get a loop of somthing very annoying like a little lap dog yipping and play it full tilt when ever you leave the house. When they complain just say " The dog must be next door I don't have a dog in here :D

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, yeah, but the cops have shut them up. There was one day where I was going to take my stereo and put it in the hole in the wall, and play the Melvins Collossus of Destiny, which is a 60 minute live noise performance, you really have to be in the right mood to listen to that one.

12. Simply play the new Will Shatner album back at them.

As for the hole, dry board and plaster, then try to match the paint as best as possible. It would be better if we knew what the hole looked like, (this is a subtle hint for a pic or 2)

Rock on
    Eric

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    dude....it all depends on how big the hole is......we definitely could use a pic, or exact description..........if it is smaller than 4" across, you can fix it with some drywall mud and newspaper.....anything bigger and you are going to need a piece of sheetrock and/or a patch kit.......send me a PM if you need more help with it.....i was a drywall finisher for 15+ years.

-Mike

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This is a bass forum! Let me instruct you.

In order to silence the noisy neighbor, arise early the morning after their late rap session.

Move bass amplifier to wall adjacent to neighbors apt, preferably bedroom. Face amplifier at wall approx 1/2 in from wall. Set up favorite stomp boxes and equalize for maximum
    Precision sound. Turn on button on, my rig gives a very satisfying thump.

Play a 5 min warm up of your fave lo-end funk. Shut amp off
    and have a beer to loosen up.

Check for police out window, and repeat 5 mins more.

Next time you hear rap, fire up rig for repeat performance.

Repeat until inside temp reaches 160F.

Serve with blue cheese dip and hot sauce.
    Add more beer and take nap.

15. Are you Irish? :meh:

16. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I smell a wood paneling joke coming on. ;)

17. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Since my band brought over our 6000W PA System to my basement, I have no problems with neighbours :smug:

18. I'm lost. Please explain?

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Been there, done that. But I didn't play funk, I was afraid they'd turn off the music and groove to what I was playing. I used my fretless bass and made the weirdest dischordy noises. Then I plugged my stereo into my amp and played "Loathe" by Crytopsy (Death Metal). My ears hurt, and the amp wasn't facing me. It didn't work... the cops did though.

Also, I'm pretty sure they never sleep ever. They use to play music from until 3 AM and at 9 AM they'd be playing music. :eyebrow: