1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hate some people (McNasty Content)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WookieeForLife, Apr 16, 2010.

1. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    I am the local counter boy at McDonalds. Some guy came in. Long story short, he jipped me forty dollars. It is completely my fault. No doubt. But really, why steal 40 from a 16 year old at McDonalds? What if I really had problems with my family where I was helping with the bills. That man infuriates me so much.Lesson learned. Don't trust anybody.

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    I'd like to know the story.

3. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    The Story:

Man walks in:
    Man: hi can I get a milkshake
    Me:sure what size
    Him: Small, its for my kids
    Me:oops:k :gets milkshake:
    That will be 2.45$
    Him:here :hands me a 50:
    I then make change and hand it to him, look at the wall for a second because I thought I saw a spider, looked back.
    Him: you gave me 2 $1 bills instead of 2 $20 bills
    Me: are you sure?
    Him: yes look.
    I think yea, I didnt see him reach into his pocket, plus I was daydreaming. He even has the 2 $1 bills in his hands.
    Makes change.
    He scurries out.
    I felt really weird and asked manager to pull my drawer and count it.
    Sure enough I was 40$ short.

Sorry If there is grammar or spelling mistakes. I wrote that kind of fast.

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    He wasn't stealing from you, he was stealing from an evil, multinational corporation that contributes to the premature death and illness of millions of people each year.

5. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    He was though. It gets taken out of my pay.

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds like one more reason to join him in his vendetta against the evil, multinational corporation.

7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Is that legal? It's not over here.

8. masterfader87

masterfader87

Jan 18, 2010
    I'm sure Mcdonald's has video cameras on the registers right? If you're that worried about it ask your manager to look at the tape and if you see the guy slip the cash in his pocket or something then you know. Or next time he comes in, spit on his Big N' Nasty

9. Definitely piss in his next milkshake.

10. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Sounds like the Gypsies are hitting Mcdonalds...................:cool:

11. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    My friends sister tried this..

They had a tape..

Busted..

12. CDweller

CDweller

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    I'm sorry you just learned this lesson the hard way. It's always shocking to be robbed, and that's what just happened. Any time you're handling money with people you don't know, be extra careful. The world is mostly made of people like you and me- honest and respectful. There are a tiny few out there who will try to take advantage of this.

Always put bills you receive from a customer on top of the register while you make change. That way they can't pull the old "I gave you a twenty" or whatever when they actually gave you a fiver or ten spot. You just point to the bill on top of the register and say, "No, it's a ten, not a twenty." And when you hand over money, hold it up, look at it, and say what it is. Also, be careful of patched together bills. Thieves will cut off the sides of a twenty and tape it to a one, making the one dollar bill look like a twenty at a quick glance- the kind of glance a cashier generally uses when accepting a bill from a customer. They can still get a twenty from a bank for the hacked up twenty, and can use the one as a twenty at a 7-11, McDonalds, or what have you.

I spent a summer working at a 7-11, and had a few fast ones pulled on me. They're out there.

13. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    I know how you feel. Some bastard gave me a counterfeit $100 and got away with it. The first time these things happen, it's hard to believe people have the audacity to pull something like that. But I'll never fall for it again, and now, neither will you :)

14. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    They take it out of your pay?!?!

Quit. Now. Pretty sure that's not legal. Write you up......fire you....ok. Take your own money? Unless they have a court order they can't garnish your check.

Seriously.

I worked at Burger King, and they flat out told us they couldn't take anything out of our pay. They could and did fire people that were too far over or short.

Heck, YOU told your manager the drawer was off.

I'm pretty sure there are other minimum wage jobs......fast food sucks to do. Get out.....run....better off doing yard work (seriously, charge someone 25 bucks to cut their yard! Friend of mine quit his real job cause he made more money doing yard work).

It's called a quick change artist, and they've tried to hit our store. piece of advice: someone says you gave them wrong change, I don't care how busy it is have the manager pull the drawer and count it right then and there. Do not ring anyone else up until then. I've counted drawers several times for employees, the ones who were actually shorted stuck around and waiting, the scam guys took off.

Had a guy try to confuse me , first red flag was $.89 purchase paid with $100 bill. Then as I count out his change he starts asking me for specifics. I start to oblige, then realize he was talking too much. Told him to hush, gave him the bills I was originally going to give him, sent him off. Found out a few hours later he hit a sister store and confused a new cashier and made off with $50. Grrrrrr.

Course, few weeks after that, some guy reaches into the drawer at the same sister store, swipes a bunch of cash. Cashier slams drawer shut , managing to pinch guys finger good. Cops catch guy and drag him back to store for ID (pinched finger helps). Guess what? If you steal over $300 it's grand theft and they throw the book at you.......he stole $310. Still in jail :).

But just be careful......if they're talking too much, if you're distrracted, if they reach for your drawer.......shut it and grab your manager. That's that the managers get paid for :).

15. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    I just find peace with saying its 40$ now, but karma might make up for it while keeping my gf safe on the plane ride to disney next week. That is worth 40$

16. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    they try it on young people who are mostly inexperienced and at busy times of the day-didnt they teach you that at hamburger university:D

17. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I don't share your optimism, and would put the ratio at closer to 50/50. While a lot of people aren't as brazen as the dude in this story, you damn sure better believe if you mistakenly hand them $20 extra in change they're not gonna say anything. Cash register still ends up short, person walks out with extra money because they're greedy and dishonest.

18. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    You Americans with your paper money that all looks the same! :p

Here its pretty fool-proof, All the notes are completely different colours, and its very difficult to make accurate fakes.

19. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Its unfortunate, but probably true.

That being said I still have yet to return the extra screwdriver I got given to the hardwear store, its sitting on my dashboard waiting till I go back there next :/

20. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    In Belgium that is legal, I think. It happens anyway, but (now I think about it) mostly in a sector where the majority of the employees is not registered anywhere to begin with...