Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I HATE THAT SONG!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Guss, Oct 26, 2002.

1. What's your all-time, annoying song that you think should be destroyed and the artist shot in the foot for making it?
    For me it's "Freeze frame" I don't know who sings it, (some eighties band) but it's horrible.
    What's your's.

Note:I don't in any way want this thread to iginite bad feelings and fiery debates. That's not my intention. I don't think this will happen, I mean nobodys gonna say "stairway to heaven" or some Korn song. If it does go south and I'm not around to delete it, I encourage the mods to close it without a second thought. Just have fun.:)

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Your are right. "Freeze Frame" was an especially annoying song. I checked All Music Guide to see who made it, but couldn't find out.

I consider any song annoying that keeps going through my brain over and over, especially when I can't get to sleep. There have been many over the years, but a current one is the irritatingly sweet Spanish pop/dance song "Asereje" by Las Ketchup, three daughters of Spain's highly regarded flamenco guitarist Tomate.

"Asereje" is reputed to become the "Macarena" of 2002. There is a video, too. You may well have heard it. It has the girls singing, "He, he, he; a-he, a-he, a-he" or similar nonsense. My husband thinks they are adorable. :(

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmmm..
    complicated by A**h*** latrine...

yes.. that and

anything by limpbizkit, Korn, Poison, Montley Crue and oh yeah.. christina agulera.. you know she has her own "prs signature guitar now?" MUHAHAHA i saw it on tabcrawler today.. what a waist of trees..

oh yes..
    edit:
    freeze frame is by J. Geils Band..lol..

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Anything by a boy/girl band (e.g. Nsync, BSB, etc.)
    Or any pop "singer" (Britney, Christina, etc.)

But they are far from artists, so I guess you'd have to fire away at their songwriters (and there are LOT of those!)

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Anything by Nickelback or Creed or the other fifty bands that sound just like them...

6. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    "Freeze Frame" was done by The J. Giels Band.
    (not proud to have this knowledge!)

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Anything by the most annoying person alive..Celine Dion. Shakira has an incredibly grating voice too, but at least she looks good.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That one song, that sounds like alice in chains...ohe yeah, EVERY CREED SONG EVER WRITTEN!

Ok, so maybe I'm a bit hostile.

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Seconded!

and i get to hear it every 5 minutes! :mad:

I can sing the chorus though (which is a bunch of nonsense in spanish, i highly think there's a hidden message somewhere :D)

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Freeze Frame ... yeah, that's pretty bad, but it's the national anthem compared to MacArthur Park. I don't suppose Richard Harris took the damned thing with him when he died this week.

11. They have a song here on Ascension that kills me. It's a "dance" version of Country Roads. Most annoying thing on the planet. Sad part is....the locals here love it <sigh>

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    who let the dogs out.
    that celine dion titanic song
    wind beneath my wings.
    talk dirty to me.

---those are the ones that bug me the most.

13. Anything...ANYTHING..by...

MEATLOAF! Yuck!!Ewww! Try-hard!:mad:

14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Oh, man! Anyone seen her doing "You Shook Me All Night Long" with Anastacia? Angus Young's rollin' over in his grave and the friggin' guy isn't even dead yet!

15. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    ::shudders::

16. Ditto for all the replys. Also must add INXS *shudders* crap utter crap!

:D:D

Merls

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hands down:

Brown Eyed Girl.

Which is funny, because my all-time most disliked band EVER is Everclear. A little while back THEY covered Brown Eyed Girl and it was all over the radio. Some things just aren't funny.

18. Da Da Da, by Trio (i think). That song was friggin bad.

19. I get irritated very easily, so I could start with saying any song by the following:

Puff Daddy
    Jennifer Lopez
    2Pac
    Creed
    Korn
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Pretty much any rap/hip hop on MTV
    Nu-Metal as a whole
    Soundgarden
    Marilyn Manson

I could keep going but no one cares.....

20. Socks

Socks Guest

Anything by all those American pop sensations (eg Britney, Christina, Justin Timberlake), and the death metal "artists" (uses the term loosely) who wear masks and acts weird (eg Slipknot, Marylin.)
    Although Limp Bizkit and korn have a few shiners (not many though.)
    Ditto for Celine Dion and the rest of them.. like Barbara Strisand.
    Oh, and while I'm here, "A New Machine prts one and two" from Pink Floyd's A momentary Lapse of Reason album are the worst songs David Gilmour's ever thrown up.

He probably did throw them up into his goldplated toilet bowl......