Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i HATE the DMV!!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., Feb 2, 2004.

1. alright ... i finally raise the money i need to pay for the insurance for my car, so i go over to the dmv with the title that came with the car to put it in my name... easy enough.... so i write in i date it as 1-30-04 for date of sale, and 300 dollars for sale price.... now see the 3 in the 30 of the date loops down into the 3 in the 300 making the top 3 line extend in to the bottom one.... so me being a nice person and all i make the 3 in 300 a little bolder then the rest of the numbers to make it more legit.. not to confuse anybody.... So anyway, i get to the dmv and this stupid lady acusses me of forging the sale price... saying that i wrote over a diffrent number... therofore voiding the title.... so that means i have to get a notorized letter from the guys name who is on the title....

but there is a story with that.. i did not buy it from the guy whose name is on the title... the guy i bought it from bought it from him and never got the title transfered.... ( btw... the guy had his name signed on the back of the title already ) but now my dilema is i had to get this notorized letter from this guy who lives in a town 40 minutes from me, but he is dead ...thus making my problem even worse... :(

i dont know what to do about this... no ideas... if anybody can give me advice on what to do to help would be great!

thanks

Alec J.McMahon

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Well, in my experience (though I've never lost my license) it is best to go to a DMV station where the supervisor is a real hardass on the employees and get him/her to work it out for you.