I hate the terms Beanie and Hoodie!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vegaas, Dec 19, 2003.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Does anyone else feel like an idiot when they use these terms. I know I do, however, I have one of each from TB! Well, I refuse to use these terms any longer. Time to make a stand and rebel against these tyrants that make up these terms. I refuse to accept that these should be cool or hip terms. They sound like a teenage girl speaking.
    Stand up and say no to the evil that is clothing that ends in "ie"! I suggest we here at TB come up new terms! Show your creativity!
  2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Uh, how about "sweatshirt" and "hat"?

:rolleyes: :meh: ;)
  3. I dont hate the terms...i do find them different though...
    Where im from...this is a beanie:

And what is called a beanie here, we call a toque! :D
  4. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, hooded sweatshirt and hat wouldnt be creative now, would it. :D

BTW, I now have a TB Baseball Cap, T-shirt, Coffee Mug, Hooded Sweatshirt, Koozie and Knitted Hat. I might as well go find out what I dont have yet and buy the rest so I can go for the clean sweep.
  5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I could use a toque right about now ...
  6. Hah!

Pronounced: Two-k not Toke :D
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I met a Canadian dude at the Black Sabbath reunion show a few years ago... He was telling me how the patted him down and checked him out, but they didn't catch that he had a few joints hiding under his toque. Maybe Thor is looking for that guys toque?
  8. I don't mind the term "hoodie," but "beanie" is just retarded. I call it a skullcap.
  9. i never say "hoodie." (ugh.) i call it a sweatshirt. and as far as beanie goes; that makes even less sense, i guess. unless you use it to hold your beans. :confused:
  10. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    i took my kids to the mall the other day to get some warm clothes for the winter....i walked into a store called Zumiez...they sell skateboards, snowboards and all of the clothes and shoes and accessories that go with those sports.....the employees are all pretty much high school kids, and recent HS grads....well anyway, i walk in and ask the young lady where i can find the hoodies....she started snickering when i asked, then i realized my kids are rubbing off on ME! i thought it was the other way around!

i realized that i also feel, and prolly look, like a dork when i say the word hoodie.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hoodie sounds cool.

Beanie is one of those stupid hats with the spinny copter blades.

Did I say stupid? I mean awesome.

I call "beanies" "winter hats."
  13. A friend of mine who comes from London, UK calls it a " muffsocket ". ( the beany )
  14. hoodie = cool

beanie = not

toque = even worse
  15. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Don't inhale...
  16. Hoodie sounds ok but beanie is too geeky sounding..I like to call it a sock cap.
  17. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    "Bunny-hug" is worse than hoodie.
  18. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Hoodie: Hoodie

Beanie: Skully

Toque sounds pretty cool though.
  19. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Who gives a sh!t? Just wear the friggin thing.