Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate to ask here, but can make me a simple CAD drawing?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Cerb, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I'm had a neck template made by guitarbuildingtemplates.com because I lack the resources. I had him make a jazz bass neck template, but with the taper extending an extra 18" because I'm building a neck-through (and yes, I do want to taper through the body). The template he sent was incorrect. Rather than adding 18" to the end and keeping the taper the same, he kept the heel and nut width the same but added 18" in between them, changing the taper. Now my choices are to get a refund or send him a CAD drawing of what I want.
    So, I'm hoping someone here has a CAD program and would be kind enough make me a drawing. Here is a simple doodling I made in MSPaint (ugh...) to illustrate what I need:
    [​IMG]

If anyone needs me to clarify something, just ask. I'll be forever in dept to whoever can pull this off :D.

2. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    i dont understand what you want really.

if its an easy job, i will do it for you. i got a 4 day weekend here without much bass building to do!

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I just need a 2-d CAD drawing of what is in the attached image, except to correct dimensions. It will later be used on a laser cutting machine to make a neck template. Basically it is just a neck with a paddle headstock and an 18" extension on the end of the neck.

4. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    ok
    i am done!

some CAM softwares need their CADs to be done in a specific way. i am not aware of what he uses but he can easily trace what i have done.

i hope its correct and best of luck.

tell me how can i send it to you

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Is there any way for you to post a screenshot here before sending it. I just want to save us both the trouble if something needs to be changed :).

6. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    i dont know how u can check the dimensions

but whatever floats ur boat

[​IMG]

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    It looks oddly wide. The only reason I say this is because neck at the 24th seems to be wider than the headstock. What is the width at the 24th and the headstock width?

8. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    yeah, i had a mix up between inches and mms there.

i use metrics only because we i live, we use metric measurements. anyhow. its fixed.

9. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I wondered if that was the problem :). You can send the file to cerberi@gmail.com. Thanks tons.

10. Here's a quick layout.