Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate to do this....DP for sale..

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by RedV, Mar 15, 2003.

1. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    I absolutely HATE to do this, but I don't have a choice. Some fool ran me off the road night before last and I'm pretty much out of a car and broke. I have to sell my DP to get money to try and get a car. This sucks.

Anyway, here's the specs and all...

6 string/ 36" scale
    gaboon ebony fretless fingerboard...unlined.
    maple/padauk neck
    ash core; maple, paduak body
    1 Bartolini quad coil/9v pre
    Hipshot bridge; 18mm spacing

Comes with a hard shell case, strap and strap locks.

The only flaw I've found with the bass is a slight dip in the neck around the 12th fret. It doesn't bother me and with the wide neck, it kind of makes it easier to play...to me at least.

This bass has only been gigged once and it performed absolutely stellar. Killer tone, mwah, and punch. I really don't want to sell this bass, but I absolutely have no other choice right now.

I don't want to put it up on ebay so someone please buy it and give it a good home.

Pics can be seen in THIS THREAD and I have some more detail pics for serious inquiries.

I'm asking $1500 OBO +shipping.

Serious buyers only please. My email is goldfalconk4t@aol.com

Thanks.

Alex

2. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Come on guys...please don't make me put it on ebay:(

Alex

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I wish I could afford that.

Besides, I like 34" scale. Sweet bass though.

Peace
    Nick

4. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Come on guys...any offer over $1000 I'll consider. I NEED money to fix my car pronto.

Thanks.

Alex

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, dude, that's a nice bass. too bad you have to sell it :(.

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Just so people wont have to go searching

[​IMG]

Sweet bass BTW...

7. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    looks like warrior meets ritter and ct... very nice.. come on somebody, buy this beauty..

btw... have you tried bassgear.com and thedudepit... e-bay might turn you some good results though... you might get more than what you're asking... and if you stick a reserve on there... you're all good. i sold my DP on there a couple weeks ago.

good luck man

8. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Thanks for posting that prog. Thanks everyone for you comments.

I'm sure it would sell on ebay, I just would hate not knowing if the bass was going to a good home:(

Alex

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'd love to have it... But I have a my own DP Custom on the way and also a custom shop Conklin... So, Im a little "obligated" at the moment!!!

If you still have it in a few months though.....

Mark

10. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Come on boys...

11. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Come on...anything over a grand.

Alex

12. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Once more before ebay...

13. bassiclybass

bassiclybass

Mar 1, 2003
    calif
    nice bass,got the $ but concerned about the dip.gonna try to pm ya so i can get your phone # feel free to email me.I know what you mean by keeping the bass in the "family" as i call it.If i gotta sell an axe i wanna know its goin to a good hearted soul who appreciates good instruments.ebay can be a jungle. dave

14. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Dave,
    I sent you a PM. You hit the nail on the head...I'd rather know the bass was going to a good home than to some joe shmoe on ebay.

I sent you my phone number to call me, but rest assured the dip is NOT anything major...like I said, it actually kind of makes it easier to play that high up...but go ahead and give me a call either today or tomorrow and we'll talk. That way I won't have to put her up on ebay:)

Alex

15. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Dave,
    Your email isn't showing. I don't have anyway to email you. I've sent you a pm and posted here. If you read either one, shoot me an email or another pm. I've sent you my phone number...feel free to call all day and night(I'll be up till at least 2 tonight). Thanks and I'll talk to ya later.

Alex

16. bassiclybass

bassiclybass

Mar 1, 2003
    calif
    hey Alex, i dont think the 36" scale is for me,i hope you can come up w/ the $ somewhere else so you can keep it!!!! Good Luck Bro!! Dave:bassist: