i hate to sound like the newbie i am, but...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThebassNoob, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ThebassNoob

Sep 15, 2004
    I currently only have my ibanez 15 watt amp.. and i am currently savin the money for a new amp, i am looking for the biggest bang for the buck, within the price range of $200-$350... i know it isnt much, but it is about all i can afford being as i am currently waiting to buy an oldsmobile off my grandparents in january, which is when i turn 16. so could anyone point me in the right direction??

2. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander Supporting Member

My suggestion would be to try to find a used SWR Workingman's 15. You should be able to land one for around $300. Hell of a lot of bang for the buck. Not too heavy, loud, direct out, reliable. I bought one for my son when he was 17, and I expect it will get him all the way though his college years.

3. shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    alot of people recomment avatar as the best "bang for your buck" but it might be a lil over your price range

Sorry im not sure if your after another combo or a head/cab?

but if your after another combo, try to find a used peavey tnt!
  4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do you want a combo or a head and a cab? How loud does it need to be? Do you play in a band? What syles do you play?
  5. ThebassNoob

Sep 15, 2004
    im basically looking for a combo, i have just recently started into a band, with a basically unknown sound right now, but primeraly in the metal type area, i typically play blues, rock, and a tiny big of jazz or funk.
  6. I liked my B50R a lot. Only drawback...no tubes.