1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I hate when this happens...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 8, 2009.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So I bought Call of Duty: World at War a while back, played it a while, then got sidetracked by other games. The other night one of my housemate's brothers challenged me to a game because he was awesome. I let him pick the level, the guns, and everything else and wiped him all over the board.

So if he's good, I must be amazing, right? So I get cocky, play the game again, and realize the first time I stopped playing, I was fifteen minutes away from beating the game. I was this close!?

Anyway, bring on the Nazi Zombies.

2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I did that with some of the earlier CoD games.

I find that I *have* to stop and play other games or I lose enjoyment of the one I started with.

3. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    A trained monkey could beat a single player game...The only measure of skill is online play.

BTW that game is totally about matching your weapons to the map, IMO. That and playing enough to be able to carry 3 grenades instead of 1 ext.

4. The way they make "games" these days, that's probably true.

5. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Says the man with my last name....I don't run into others often.

Yeah unless its like an RPG or w/e the single player is only there to get you ready to play online where real minds are going to challenge you far more than an AI that does the same thing every time you turn it on....Although there is always "hardcore mode" or "brutal difficulty" which is usually made that way by manipulation of stats/ammunition/health packs to make the game damn near impossible unless you dedicate your life to knowing the AI inside out...but you'll still get hosed by the online guys who know the maps and have the "people skills" to clobber you.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was a 33 when I stopped playing... not that I couldn't level up, just that I was slowly starting to get bored.

It's nice to come back to the game. I'm somewhere around a 49 in COD:4 as well. I like FPS games.

I'm not going Prestige though, I'm just going to hang out at the top a while.

7. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    ^ While I like RPG elements in games...the only reason I play FPSs is to get away from that addictive life stealing element.

I used to play WoW but I had to quit (for the sake of my life). I don't have time to level in COD, but my FPS skill level is very high (used to play a whole lot of Counter Strike in College). I'm maybe like level 20 and I'll never get to 50 or w/e and it bothers me that they give out such extreme advantages...3 grenades!!!! ***. These guys can spam 2 for random kills and still have the one they need to kill me.

...long story short this is why I play Halo3 instead...that and two people on 1 box.

8. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    That almost sounds dirty...

I stopped playing Halo of any sort online, when the people I played against were so vulgar and rude on such a consistent basis that i couldn't play with sound on anymore.

I actually really liked battlefield though. Modern Combat was fun, Bad Company was better.

9. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    First of all,I'm sure you weren't trying the hardest level.You get one shotted at that level and the sniper level took me a LONG time to finish at that level man.:)

Secondly,Nazi Zombies rock,that level alone made me buy Left4Dead and even that game isn't better than that single level.:p

10. Call of Duty: World at War on veteran almost made me take up smoking.

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Call of Duty 4 is my terrain. Period.

13,000 in the world, 10th Prestige Level 55. Im proud too.

Anyone wants to challenge that, look at my signature. If Im on TB, Im on Xbox.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This thread is a not so veiled attempt at bragging about how good you are at Call of Duty.

13. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    I have a 55 in COD4 and a 10th Prestige in COD5, no leveling on power level servers either. Yeah, I'm addicted.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, Jordasch is using it for that. I'll admit I'm not that good.

When I hit level 55, I'm staying there. No prestige for me. Couldn't care less.

15. I added you as a friend, Tim.

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And accepted. I'm not on that often these days, but will always be up for playing with you when I am.

17. No problem. I'm always up for blasting some Nazi zombies. Did you buy the map pack for World at War? I've only played the new zombie map briefly, but it looked really cool.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, the new map pack is pretty nice. Still getting used to the arcade-type gameplay of it though.

19. Cool. If we're on at the same time we'll have to give it a go. :)

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I was just browsing the Off Topic forum and had to come into this thread to see what it was about, because you can literally smell the virginity coming from this thread out there.