1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Hate You...I Love You

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by porterbass, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. porterbass

porterbass

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    I've had more time than normal the past couple of months to hang out on TB. Learning along with some drooooling while creating a mental wishlist for future, ummm, "useful" bass things.

Then it hit me like a brick today to create a pedal board setup in 2018. So I started a list of what that would consist of based on what I've learned here, and what I've learned from messing around with my Zoom B3 the past 2 years.

I should have been more realistic that the only thing I really might want to purchase this year is a Rob Allen. The pedal setup may get expensive even though I'm sure mine will be very limited vs many others. But it will be fun to put together. Thank you TBers. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2018! I really don't hate you. :)

JRA likes this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep. Did my starter board in 2017. It's a fun journey and the fun freaks in the Effects forum were incredibly helpful.

I have spent time with each pedal but haven't had time to wire it all up yet.
    20171221_192840.

JRA, FilterFunk, tfer and 2 others like this.
  3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Hmmm...not bad for a rookie!:D

JRA and two fingers like this.
  4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah but it's too late for me. I'm down the rabbit hole. I'm already looking for a Freeze and a couple more. The Red Square will likely go back in the Box of Doom as a just in case.

FilterFunk and porterbass like this.
  5. porterbass

porterbass

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    Ha ha! I can completely see this happening to me. The constant "search for the next one". Add "having to decide which one gets removed in order to add the new one". Yikes! :nailbiting: :unsure:

two fingers and FilterFunk like this.
  6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Hey, where are we going and why are we in this handbasket? :unsure:

dwm74 and JRA like this.
  7. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

The Freeze is made of magic. I want one tooooo

--^@

8. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Freeze is on the way and it was all I could do to avoid pulling the trigger on two more pedals last night.

porterbass likes this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i don't use pedals much...but it is fun to play with the sound sometimes. and i've heard others who rely on pedals regularly/exclusively(?) for a unique sound, with some great/interesting results. good luck on your quest! :thumbsup:

porterbass likes this.