1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I hate you Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by crispygoat, Mar 12, 2008.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    Yesterday me and my friends were bored, so we went to the closest Wal-Mart which is an hour drive from here. The Wal-Mart closes at 10 pm, we were arrived at around 9:45 pm. First thing we do is go into the electronics dept. Look at cds a bit and movies, my friend gets a Pink Floyd album, then I realized Super Smash Brothers Brawl is out, so I decided to pick it up.. I go to the electronics counter, there's no one.. I wait a bit, no one comes.. so I go look around a bit not too far from the dept. and when FINALY an employe arrives she tells me, you know the store is closing, so I ask, well can you unlock the window (for games) so I can get a game, and she says no ! *** is up with you ! it's 10:01, my friend still manages to buy his cd but with your outstanding customer service she can't put a key in a lock and turn it ? I wasted 20$ of gas for THIS..
    :scowl:

2. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    :atoz:

3. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    1. The closest Walmart is an hour away...
    2. You were bored, and the best thing you could come up with is to roadtrip to Walmart...
    3. Your Walmarts aren't open 24 hours...

Wow. I thought I lived in the sticks.

4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    You've never worked in retail have you?

5. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Why would you drive for an hour if you knew you were gonna arrive just before closing time??:eyebrow:

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I worked in retail. Two years, selling computers.

And if some kid wanted a video game at 10:01pm, I woulda unlocked that glass and got him the game, SO HE'D GET THE HECK OUTTA MY DAMN STORE, LICKETY SPLIT!!!

Shoulda slapped the chick and demanded the manager.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Going to retail establishment when you're bored will only lead to impulse buys or problem.

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I was thinking the same thing.

Op: Don't you have girl or something else you can go to thats closer than a wallmart?

9. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    check Hearst, Ontario on Google Maps, and tell me how far am I from the closest city / town you heard of !.. now for a retail store here ? Sure I do... but when you feel like payer 99.99$ for a video game, 1000$ for a MIM Fender, 799$ for a Playstation 3, well... it's sad..

edit: oh and that MIM Fender, you actually have to order it 'cause they won't have it in stock.

10. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    It ain't walmart's fault you didn't leave earlier.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    :atoz:

12. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    If I were you I'd end up trading beaver pelts for supplies. We'll send an aid plane to airdrop some rations.

:bag:

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    what stopped you from going to find an employee?

14. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou

Ditto

15. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    that's awesome.

Also, to the OP, how much does real-estate run in Hurst? I figure that being an hour's drive away from the closest Wal Mart would be a pretty good thing in my books...

16. I hate wal-mart as well, but for other reasons.

lowsound

17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

+ 1 ....

and then you blame WalMart ?? :meh:

18. Your town must be REAL boring.

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    SWEET! We have an Atoz sad face!!! That's like getting put on a Wheaties box!!

20. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    I hate Wal-Mart, but not as much as Zellers.