I have 2k, a full tank of gas & we're putting the band back together

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Intune, Apr 2, 2005.

1. I'm a dino. I like the tube amp sound. I play a '65 P & an '83 J Put together a rig that you think will rock the house for around $2,000. I've always been a one head does it all kinda guy (oddball, eh? :p ) Show me a rack or head system + cabs, your call.
  2. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Sounds like you like that old-school sound.

Ampeg SVT with your choice of assorted 1x15 cabs or a 2x15.
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Ok, but only since you're on a mission from god.

My choice will be no surprise to anyone.

Mesa 400+ (preferably used 6-900$)
    Schroeder 1012 (650$)
    your choice Avatar 212, 410 or SB112 (2-350$)

And it leaves you with enough cash for bail if you git arrested. Or have to pay the bar tab after the show.
  4. Damn, BS, you know I'll have bail stashed for either one of us! It's the tab that worries me!
  5. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Hey, just drop by Ray's Music Exchange...he'll give you some credit!
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    50 cent drafts at Bob's Country Bunker. I'd be more worried about heading back to Joliet.

Or you could spend the extra cash from your rig on chicken-wire.
  7. Nah, the good places we play already have the 'wire in place. I remember a bar in southern Maryland in '76 that we played... Made Alabama bars look quaint. Olds 442's, gravel parking lots & halter tops. :hyper:
  8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Vintage SVT head/Bergantino NV215. :cool: Hopefully this won't break your bank. Check with Ray, he had some covered in deep, dark, red shag.

"How much for your wife;..How much for the little girl? I want to buy your women. Sell me your children! ;) :D "
  9. How about a Thunderfunk TFB 550 AMP and a Schroeder if you want compact or I really like the Bergantino NV stuff myself....either a NV215 or possibly a 425 if you want a little tighter sound....my choice for the money would be the T-Funk and the Schroeder...you'll have plenty of beer money left over!!

Check them out here...

you can't go wrong with any of the recommendations here...I would suggest that you play a LOT of things and choose what you like.....

10. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    +1 on the Bergantino NV stuff. The NV610 is amazing.
  11. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Ampeg SVP-Pro or SVP-CL or Alembic F-1X preamp
    QSC RMX1850-HD poweramp (or a used Stewart World 1.6)
    Schroeder 21012 cab

Rock On!!!
  12. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Mesa 400+ and Bergantino NV 425. The old Mount Prospect patrol car of choice.
  13. tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Use the SUNN 300T + a coupe of good 15"s - Bergantino?
  14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    It's got a cop motor: a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is this the new Bluesmobile, or what?

Peavey Classic 400 (400 watt all tube)
    Sch*****r 1212 + 1210

15. amper

Dec 4, 2002
    You need a tube head and two 1x15 cabs.

As far as what's available new? Mesa 400+ and two Mesa 1x15's would do it, but that would be a bit out of your budget (probably run you 2400 or so)

Fender has a nice new 1x15 that I've seen advertised for 400. You could pick up two of those and score a 400+ for 1200.

Of course, you'd get more for your money buying used.