Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i have 80$

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gremlinstx, Jul 2, 2001.

1. gremlinstx

gremlinstx

Jul 2, 2001
    i got 80 dollers and i dont what i should by for my bass i think i might get and overdrive pedal but i dont know plz help

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Hello and welcome to the board

First off you might get some flack off people who think this thread should be in effects (it may get moved by the moderator) dont worry we all make mistakes. Second you havent filled out your profile it might be helpful to do so.

Without any info about you, your gear and your style it is difficult to recommend a pedal. I dont use them much but as this was posted in basses...

If you must have a pedal the Boss ODB3 is highly recommended by regulars but I have not tried one.

Personally I would save your money in the bank or building society for a bigger amp or another bass. The bass and amp are more important.

However you could have an Alembic and EU rig so we dont know.

Dont get disheartend this is an excellent resource. I have learnt a lot here and have been playing 20 years.

See you around

3. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Buy 4 lessons.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd buy 3 lessons, a beer and a new set of string.

5. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    :D

That's too funny. I see your point though. :D

6. American beer ? * laugh *

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    be sure allodox, i'm european and even if not from holland, here in italy we have agood selection of northern europe beer

i like a beer from hollan called bavaria and the italian called baffone

8. If you like bavaria.. you should try some beers from Belgium, like uhm " Duvelke " or " Trapist "

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Welcome to TalkBass, gremline!

$80 in the gear market, pedals or anything, (except strings or cable), is just seed money to get anything worth playing.

Well, maybe a used pedal or if you can find something that's hot out of the trunk of someone's car.

Save it and let it grow to an amount where you can get something worth making music with if you don't want strings or a used pedal.

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    any beer at all?

*Laugh* :D

Sheesh, how in the world did the human race get started drinking horse pee anyways?

11. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The beer has to be warm as well.

12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    nah, why bother, he´s not coming back

13. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Awe.... common! Tell!! :D

14. How about a dictionary? a few lessons, CDs. Go get yourself Stravinsky's <u>The Rite of Spring</u> and listen to that with headphones on.

Or send it to me and I'll tell you all my secrets. Paypal is OK.

15. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Darn Right!!! I just got a stravinksky mousepad off of ebay (i think it was the only one made, ever). "Le Sacre du Printemps" is awesome. I like the 4th movement. Ever listen to "L'histoire Du Soldat" (the tale of the soldier) or "Petruschka." Definately cool. I recomend those on cd or lp. Get some Bach organ works, too. That stuff is great.

16. screw the pedals, cds and the lessons, just get beer and get really waisted.

"did that rhyme?"

17. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    seriously, try ebay, i got a yamaha flanger for 15 bucks.