Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have a chance to pick up either:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassistGod, Sep 25, 2002.

1. I have a chance to pick up either a geddy lee sig or a G&L Sb-2. They're both in great condition and I think they're both about going for about 600. Which one do you think is a better choice. I'm split on them. Which would you go with IYHO.

2. oops, should have put this one in basses not technique.:eek:

3. tumbleweeds everywhere. argh...
    :(

4. If there's a chance you'll sell it in the future, perhaps you should go with the Geddy sig, but I'd probably go with the G&L (I haven't played either bass).

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I would take the G&L sb-2 over the Geddy lee anyday. I've played both. the sb-2 felt and sounded better to me.. of course thats me and not you so you might dissagree.. but if you know whats good for you... you'll listen :D

6. I've been gassing for an Sb-2 or the Geddy lee really bad lately. The only drawback that I see in the Sb-2 is the lack of a tone control pot. I was wondering if its possible to install some type of preamp later. Anyone have experience in this field?

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Both basses are GREAT basses.

The SB-2's that I've played have all been KILLER & their were a few that I should of bought that the price was rediculously low.

The Geddy Lee, IMO, has the best neck I've ever played on any Fender bass. Also sounds killer.

Tough decision. :(

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... and then some! Both are great basses, I would flip a coin and take whichever, because I don't think that you could go wrong!

FWIW, I love my geddy lee...

P@

9. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    I'm glad I don't have that decision. I would have to say pick the one that you like best.
    Go for
    1. Feel and playability
    (if the same go for;)
    2. Looks, which one looks cooler to you.
    (if you still can't decide)
    3. Flip a coin.