Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i have a crush on the bug eating tattooed lady

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    played possibly the greatest show we ever played last night and just wanted to write about it.

coney island has the last standing circus sideshow in the U.S. and they've been doing R&R/freak shows on thursdays during the summer. i had a freeeeeeeeeking blast. 2 bands and 3 freak shows in this little tent like arena - which i'm happy to say was packed.

lots of things made the nite a great one. EVERYONE working there was super cool, which is something i'm happy to say i've been experiencing a lot of lately. they even paid us $80, which for an original gig in NY is ok pay on a thursday nite. the sideshow stuff was hilarious. guys hammering all kinds of metal into their noses, escape artists, a rubber guy who almost made me puke cuz it was so bizzarre. it was like this guy had no joints in his body. he was able to literally twist himself into a pretzel, fit himself in a tiny little trunk, put his whole body through a tennis racket. i have NEVER seen anything like this in my life - and i've seen lotsa weird stuff. and yes..... the tatooed woman who eats bugs. all she did last night was walk on razor sharp swords (she didn't have her stuff with her because she wasn't scheduled to perform), but i talked with her a little while and i was fascinated. she seeemed soooo cool and interesting.

we're gonna do it again next summer - this was the last show of the year. immma gonna tell everyone here and ya'll should buy plane tickets and come on down. it was really a great time to be had by all.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its usually the weird ones that are worth talkin to.

Peace
    Nick

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Having sampled some dried and seasoned grasshoppers that my sister-in-law brought back from Mexico, I'd recommend that you ask her to brush her teeth before that first kiss...

;) :D

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Donk, that's disgusting! I thought you were supposed to hit that stuff with salsa and
    hot sauce!

Thor

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nice one, I'd love to do a gig combined with freak-slots in between :D

What kind of people where the audiance out of interest?

6. Glad you had a fun and unqiue gig Joe:)