Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i have a dilema...210+212 or 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by notabob, Jul 19, 2004.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i have an avatar b210 and a peavey 18" that i put under it. however, i am not liking the sound that i am getting not to mention that the cabinet the 18" speaker is in is butt ugly. i am going to keep the 210 regardless to use for practicing and such, but i dont know if i should keep it in my rig and just get an avatar b212 to put under it (equaling 2ohms for 500 watts) or just get an ampeg svt412he (4 ohms, 350 watts). my head can handle 2 ohms without a problem and i really want to put some 12" speakers in my rig. would it be worth it for me to save up and get an ampeg 412 or would i be just as well off with the 210 and a 212 or even better off? please let me know what you think i should do.

thanks.

2. There are quite a few people that like the Avatar B210, B212 combination. I would say go for that based on the fact you already have the B210.

I have the B212 and I think it's great. You will not be disappointed adding it to your rig.