1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I have a dream! (Ibanez Mikro and Seymour Duncan Rickenbacker neck pickup content)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Jan 30, 2017.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I ponder at some point in the future to cut out the needed space in my Ibanez Mikro to fit in a Seymour Duncan Rickenbacker style neck pickup.

The plan is to make the cavity for the Seymour Duncan Rickenbacker pickup and extension of the cavity for the P pickup and place it right next to it, so the covers will practically touch each other.

Also I plan on using the routing already cut out for the P pickup.

I am going for just a 3 volume control option, since the holes for the pots are already there and I already disabled the tone pot (Maybe add a 5 way pickup witch that let me chose between: J solo, P solo, Rick solo, J+P and J+Rick).

The question is though, could you see me run into any potential problems with using this approach?

Here I am especially thinking if there would be any issues placing the Rickenbacker pickup basically right up to the housing of the P pickup.

Here's a crude photo manipulation depicting how the final result would approximately look like (of course the cavity for the Seymour Duncan pickup in reality would be a bit bigger to make room for the mounting mechanisms on the side of the pickup):

6gcsxy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017