Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I have a few questions..

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Dec 29, 2001.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    ok, first off, i got a violin for christmas, this is probably the wrong forum to post this in, but a violin seems to be juts a mini double bass:D .
    herss my question...

ok, how do i know when the bow has enough rosin? is the bow the only thing that needs rosin?

any tips also greatly appreciated..

sorry mods if i posted this is the wrong place..

nakoa

2. Actually, the violin and DB are the same size, it's just that the violinists' heads...

I'm sure you'll get good answers here, but for violin-specific questions and followups you may want to try the forums (fora?) at www.maestronet.com
    good luck and have fun!

almost forgot--Get a teacher!!!

3. No, rosin the back of the neck to keep your left hand from slipping, and rosining the individual strings will make the rosin you put on the bow grab better. I also rosin under my arms to keep the sweat from dripping and rolling down my arm. But the best part of rosin is the smell. Honestly, I can't take my rosin out without holding close to my nose and taking a long, deep, whiff.

4. nickchalk

nickchalk

Jan 30, 2001
    Does anyone else think that Carlsson's smells a lot better then Pop's? Seriously.

5. Carlsson's WHAT? Good grief.

6. Ahh.....the Tree Sap Fetish....interesting:eek:

7. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    A matter of personal preference and parental habits. My Pops always smells like Old Spice.

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Now remember, we're talking about rosin, not coke, David. :D

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Cool!! David K.'s got a mean streak!

10. Nah, just a sense of humor.

11. Jeez.......Ya go away for a couple of day and the best forum falls apart.